The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 62155
Ironic that @August West was just asking about tea. Just a nice pleasant, afternoon shave - this is a lavender done well. This is a tea based scent - the artisan describes this as drinking an earl gray tea while walking through a lavender field. Plus fhis has the prerequisite citrus at the top. This soap reminds me a lot of Barrister & Mann 42.

Ironically, I have a lot of cologne’s that have lavender, but other than Drakkar Noir, I don‘t think any would pair as well as YSL Live EdP - which compliments the shave with its sage note. Adds to the relaxed feeling of the shave.

chill on the home front…Aidan not so pleased with not being able to go to school. A couple of kids from his school, including him, had online account issues some had to come up with some lesson plans on the fly. He’ll be able to return to class on Friday provided tomorrow’s test is negative. He’s been symptom free. Jack is slowly and steadily recovering.

absolutely beautiful weather today - went for a nice walk!
I hope everything goes well for you and yours......

1632860224091.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia
Lather: Murphy & McNeil Granuaile
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Grace O’Malley

Arghhhhhh Maties - a shave fit for a pirate! I have to admit when I bought the soap, I didn’t think the scent was going to be my wheelhouse. But I was pleasantly surprised. I think Nurse Dave did a great job describing it in his video. The water notes hit you upfront, but the leather provides a nice supporting role and the roasted oak barrel in the back rounds it out nicely. It would be great cologne! Mass appealing I might add. My only disappointment now is I didn’t buy the aftershave. Murphy & McNeil have really stepped up their game as far as the bottle is concerned with the etched glass and the leather cap. But because I didn’t think it was going to be in my wheelhouse I’m ended up getting the Black Ship Grooming aftershave in honor of the same pirate queen! This one is a green freshy, first released on Saint Paddy‘s day! My peeps do it right!

Granuaille or Grace O’Malley was a badass and both products live up to her name. She spoke Latin by the way - so she was an educated lass!

Things are returning to normal back on the homefront, Jack is feeling great and Aidan had his test today and we should find out tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a fantastic day!

View attachment 62230

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia
Lather: Murphy & McNeil Granuaile
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Grace O’Malley

Arghhhhhh Maties - a shave fit for a pirate! I have to admit when I bought the soap, I didn’t think the scent was going to be my wheelhouse. But I was pleasantly surprised. I think Nurse Dave did a great job describing it in his video. The water notes hit you upfront, but the leather provides a nice supporting role and the roasted oak barrel in the back rounds it out nicely. It would be great cologne! Mass appealing I might add. My only disappointment now is I didn’t buy the aftershave. Murphy & McNeil have really stepped up their game as far as the bottle is concerned with the etched glass and the leather cap. But because I didn’t think it was going to be in my wheelhouse I’m ended up getting the Black Ship Grooming aftershave in honor of the same pirate queen! This one is a green freshy, first released on Saint Paddy‘s day! My peeps do it right!

Granuaille or Grace O’Malley was a badass and both products live up to her name. She spoke Latin by the way - so she was an educated lass!

Things are returning to normal back on the homefront, Jack is feeling great and Aidan had his test today and we should find out tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a fantastic day!
Glad Jack is feeling better and hoping Aidan's test Is good too !!

1632922323809.jpeg

1632922350861.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Lather: Pinnacle Grooming Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinnacle Grooming Barbershop
Cologne: Oakcha Old Barrel Extrait de Parfum

Today’s shave was an homage to Tom Ford’s wonderful, modern take on a barbershop fragrance - Beau de Jour which has quickly become one of my favs. Pinnacle makes some great products and this led to a wonderful shave. I’m not sure why Oakcha named it a Old Barrel - that would imply a whiskey scent - and they specifically state this is a BdJ dupe on their site (The bottle even is a TF cone)I might spring for the real stuff - but since this one is so spot on and lasts a long time - I have to think about that. I’m not against paying $ for a top quality fragrance, but in this case, since the dupe is done so well - I’m not sure if it is worth the money getting the real deal. TF has moved this from the private collection to the signature collection- so it is less costly.

We have fall in full swing as temps are only going to get to 70. Bring on the 40-60 degree weather I say!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back