The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1632407694947.jpeg

1632407633760.gif

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Lather: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen St.
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Soloist Recovery Splash
Additional Care: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen Street Balm

Absolutely my favorite fragrance if all time! Really enjoyed this shave! The soap, I would compare to a Stirling type base (for their tallow version) - but you have to be very cognizant to add water a very little at a time or it might get too airy. They did a very good job matching the scent. The weather is cooler today so it was a perfect time to try it out.

We actually have flash flood warnings because it is going from sunny to heavy showers off and on all morning. Phillies have 33 blown saves - luckily they recovered last night!

Have a fantastic day!

1632513364902.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Ambassador
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: PAA The Peregrino
Lather: Ariana & Evans Dirty Ginger
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale

I guess I’m on a ginger kick - I just love Ginger Ale! Great shave - I am glad I found a way to tame the REX - I was worried because to me, this is a really an aggressive razor. With the Derbies - not so much. I really don’t understand how Derby blades get a bad rap.

On the home front, my son Jack tested positive for COVID. Luckily he has mild symptoms- headache and sore throat but no respiratory issues. I’m hoping the vaccinations pay off. He’s going to stay at his mom’s so we can isolate him and his siblings. Having a tough time explaining to Aidan why we can‘t go to the Great Frederick Fair - Wednesday got rained out and he needs his routine explained to him - and we have been telling him Friday. When I spoke to his pediatrician- they said I have to wait 5 days to have him tested because he is symptom free. Unfortunately the protocol is to quarantine for 5 days because of exposure- and I definitely don’t want to potentially expose anyone else. Aidan is vaccinated so I am hopeful - but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a carrier- so home we stay. It’s a bummer because we finally have the cooler weather. I feel bad for Jack - as a parent you never want your kids sick. At least he sees at an early age the importance an vaccinations.

anyhoo - I wish everyone a fantastic weekend - and eat a caramel 🍎 🍏 for me. And if you mix it with anything pumpkin spice you’re dead to me 😂

Positive vibes sent for the health issues 🤞

I just love Ginger Ale
I must agree…besides Dr Pepper, my other favorite, most kinds of ginger ale or ginger beer just hit the soda spot perfectly for me! Canada Dry is particularly nice as is Bundaberg.

Positive vibes sent for the health issues 🤞

I must agree…besides Dr Pepper, my other favorite, most kinds of ginger ale or ginger beer just hit the soda spot perfectly for me! Canada Dry is particularly nice as is Bundaberg.
Thanks Chris!

I agree on the Dr. Pepper - nothing like it. Canada Dry holds a special place in my heart - it was my dad’s favorite! I have to see if I can find Bundaberg

we’re lucky - we have a local store that specializes in ild times and unique sodas - I take my kids there every once in a while for a treat ….love that most if these are cane sugar instead of corn syrup

they also have great hot dogs. Reminds me when I was a kid - as a treat in Sundays my parents would take us to South Williamsport, Pa to this hot dog and custard place …doesn’t seem to be around anymore…those were good times

I think Aidan would be up for the Wick movies - he liked the movie Nobody - but I think it was the mix of Sinatra with the violence 😂. The girls are only into violence if it is something like Stranger Things…come to think of it my youngest made me watch the End of the F* World with her on Netflix - a so called “coming of age” - I think that was definitely🩸 than Wick

Other than being sick - Jack probably likes being quarantined- means nobody’s going to bother him while he plays video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back