The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1632594757841.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Lather: Stirling Soap Satsuma
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Tsuka
Additional Care: Hanae Mori HM EdT

Kinda a hodgepodge of sweet “deeper” scents to transition to fall. Definitely enjoyable - almost fit for royalty - like an exiled Bingo King…just sayin’

On the home front - Jack is feeling better than yesterday- just really stuffy. It is a beautiful day out so I’ll take Aidan for a walk.

Penn State is winning - this is their patsy before the real season begins (though surprisingly they only played one real patsy this year). Rooting for Wisconsin over Notre Dame only because it helps PSU in strength of schedule. Army also winning so maybe have two teams that are 4-0. Phillies are hanging on (Padres helped a little) - exciting come back victory the Phils- though their bullpen tried their hardest to go for blown save #34 of the season. I’ll take it!

Hope for a great weekend everyone.

Thanks Chris!

I agree on the Dr. Pepper - nothing like it. Canada Dry holds a special place in my heart - it was my dad’s favorite! I have to see if I can find Bundaberg

we’re lucky - we have a local store that specializes in ild times and unique sodas - I take my kids there every once in a while for a treat ….love that most if these are cane sugar instead of corn syrup

they also have great hot dogs. Reminds me when I was a kid - as a treat in Sundays my parents would take us to South Williamsport, Pa to this hot dog and custard place …doesn’t seem to be around anymore…those were good times
I am shocked that you would lower your standards and support a place called the Pop Shop, have you discussed with the owner that it is completely wrong and should rightfully be called the Soda Shop??? 😜

Hope Jack is feeling better and everyone stays safe. Have a good weekend.

I am shocked that you would lower your standards and support a place called the Pop Shop, have you discussed with the owner that it is completely wrong and should rightfully be called the Soda Shop??? 😜

Hope Jack is feeling better and everyone stays safe. Have a good weekend.
I knew you would catch that! It’s the only place where pop is acceptable 😂

have a good weekend my friend!

Mesothelioma Awareness Shave

1632668190793.jpeg

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: PAA The Starcraft
Lather: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool
Aftershave: Epsilon Blue
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Bottled Tonic EdT

I saw on several of the YT shavers that today they were doing a mesothelioma awareness shave in support of one of their friends. Thought I’d show my support. Here‘s a site if you are interested in learning more: Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation » Research and Support

I went back and forth on which aftershave to use (I know, tough life) a I love both Epsilon Blue and Aqua Velva and they are the closest I have to Floïd Blue. Great noggin shave!

Jack is improving - He‘s excited about the Steelers game. Phillies are hanging on!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

1632791627329.jpeg
Ironic that @August West was just asking about tea. Just a nice pleasant, afternoon shave - this is a lavender done well. This is a tea based scent - the artisan describes this as drinking an earl gray tea while walking through a lavender field. Plus fhis has the prerequisite citrus at the top. This soap reminds me a lot of Barrister & Mann 42.

Ironically, I have a lot of cologne’s that have lavender, but other than Drakkar Noir, I don‘t think any would pair as well as YSL Live EdP - which compliments the shave with its sage note. Adds to the relaxed feeling of the shave.

chill on the home front…Aidan not so pleased with not being able to go to school. A couple of kids from his school, including him, had online account issues some had to come up with some lesson plans on the fly. He’ll be able to return to class on Friday provided tomorrow’s test is negative. He’s been symptom free. Jack is slowly and steadily recovering.

absolutely beautiful weather today - went for a nice walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back