The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1632234878162.gif
View attachment 61465

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co. James Bond
Aftershave: H.Zone 1910
Additional Care: Commodity Fragrances Gin

Felt like a James Bond kind of day, plus I want to try out my new aftershave. All in all, I think it was a good get, but still really wish it was glass bottle rather than plastic, because it gives it a cheap feel. However, I find the scent fantastic and was a great way to end the shave.

He did great yesterday, it was fun watching him laugh while his partner chased him all over the court trying to get him to focus - he did really well with serves - his coach called him Ivan Lendl 😂.

1632235211848.jpeg

1632235250610.jpeg

I like the new iOS upgrade - the read text and select text from photos is really a useful feature - plus new Memojis so you can’t go wrong 😂.

have a great day folks!

1632235166638.jpeg

Glad someone is liking iOS 15, the rest of the web is 99% complaints. I was planning to hold off a bit to let Apple workout some of the kinks. They tend to need a few updates on new number releases, it's always been that way with Apple.

complaint-i-dont-care.gif

Glad someone is liking iOS 15, the rest of the web is 99% complaints. I was planning to hold off a bit to let Apple workout some of the kinks. They tend to need a few updates on new number releases, it's always been that way with Apple.

complaint-i-dont-care.gif
there are a few minor bugs - most are due to developers not updating apps - but overall it has been relatively stable - unlike iOS 13 lol

tnere are some workflows that are going to take time to get used to and the widgets being able to be placed anywhere was not as easy as one would think - it would rearrange other icons from other homepages - really weird - but I like the text recognition, the photos updates, and the new security features

there are a few minor bugs - most are due to developers not updating apps - but overall it has been relatively stable - unlike iOS 13 lol

tnere are some workflows that are going to take time to get used to and the widgets being able to be placed anywhere was not as easy as one would think - it would rearrange other icons from other homepages - really weird - but I like the text recognition, the photos updates, and the new security features
The widgets seem to be one of the main sources of complaint. Apparently in iPad OS 15 they can even brick the device!

The widgets seem to be one of the main sources of complaint. Apparently in iPad OS 15 they can even brick the device!
I'll be honest, I don't follow tech as closely as I used to and when I mindlessly updated my old iPad mini 4 to 15 this morning, I was taken aback at how different my home screen looked. I use my iPad for browsing reddit, TSC, video screen during air travel and as a workout screen on the spin bike. That's about it. Quickly deleted all these newfound widgets. Feeling older by the day :LOL:

I had one widget that just turned black when I customized it and placing them around the screen really ticked me off -.along with customizing the stacks widget.

my major complaint - that has been there since iOS 4 is the Contacts groups. Still to this day you cannot configure Contacts groups natively from the iOS ap. And if you go through a web browser on iOS the contacts app is not there. From iPad safari you can delete names from contacts groups, but not add. You need a desktop web browser - it‘s like it is 2005 all over again

1632326549815.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia
Lather: MacDuffs Soap Company Coast to Coast
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale
Fragrance: Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man Hero (Not Pictured)

So my shave was pilfered from @Fightingillini22 - ginger✅✅✅ maple✅✅ Whiskey✅✅✅ citrus✅✅✅✅ Just a fantastic scent that elicits feelings of fall. Had a hard time finding the soap - it was in a different sized jar than the other MacDuff’s - so I was confused to where I put it (doesn’t take a lot to confuse me).

The fragrance has a good dose of citrus and ginger- so matches well. Top notes are Grapefruit, Lemon and Ginger; middle notes are Sea Notes, Lavender, Sage and Water Lily; base notes are Amber Xtreme, Cashmeran, Moss and Patchouli.

1632327373615.png

The Phils won so I‘m not sure if they are for real or just delaying the annual non-playoff disappointment. Nothing like having to run the schedule!

Have a great day fellas!

1632326549815.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia
Lather: MacDuffs Soap Company Coast to Coast
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale
Fragrance: Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man Hero (Not Pictured)

So my shave was pilfered from @Fightingillini22 - ginger✅✅✅ maple✅✅ Whiskey✅✅✅ citrus✅✅✅✅ Just a fantastic scent that elicits feelings of fall. Had a hard time finding the soap - it was in a different sized jar than the other MacDuff’s - so I was confused to where I put it (doesn’t take a lot to confuse me).

The fragrance has a good dose of citrus and ginger- so matches well. Top notes are Grapefruit, Lemon and Ginger; middle notes are Sea Notes, Lavender, Sage and Water Lily; base notes are Amber Xtreme, Cashmeran, Moss and Patchouli.

View attachment 61582

The Phils won so I‘m not sure if they are for real or just delaying the annual non-playoff disappointment. Nothing like having to run the schedule!

Have a great day fellas!
Jesus is my mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back