The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloud of Lemons

View attachment 60655

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pro Touch MG
Brush: PAA The Solar Flare
Lather: Ethos Grooming Nuage de Citron
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Lemon Chill
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli EdP

Just got this yesterday- apply made and a fantastic shave! Of course as a citrus freak - this is right up my alley. I really like the new firm base as well - so you can load the brush from the tub.

Hoping for a chill day at work - need to catch up on paperwork- the joys of bureaucracy!

I hope Everyone has a fantastic day!
Mmmmmm.. Lemony freshness! 🍋

giphy.gif

Thatsa Gooda Shava!

1631725669251.gif

1631725273170.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Lather: Ethos Grooming Fresco
Aftershave: Maggard Razors Limes and Bergamot
Additional Care: Acqua di Parma Colonia Club

Ethos nailed it with their Fresco soap! Absolutely love it! Topped it off with one if my fav Summer aftershaves - Limes & Bergamot- Yay!

I realize that should I live past 100 years of age, I am going to be dangerously close to running out of soap. With that said, here’s the next on my consideration list, it has sent notes that are ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REMOTELY in my wheelhouse whatsoever, but with a bad ass label (Fits under the category of redhead that drinks scotch and loves Die Hard) - And we all know that the label is the only consideration when buying soap LOL!

1631725869387.jpeg

Scent description:

When Grace O'Malley was young, she begged her father to join him on his seafaring expeditions. He declined, explaining that her long red hair would get caught in the ropes. The next time he saw her, the hair was gone and she was on her way to becoming one of the most fierce women in Irish history. "Bald Grace," or Granuaile (gran-ya-wail) was how she would become known throughout history. For decades she was the pirate queen of Ireland, plundering the seas, fighting the English, and even meeting Elizabeth I in her bare feet and dressed as an Irish Chieftain.

Granuaile is dedicated to this legend. Featuring notes of gunpowder, white leather, aged oak, and ocean aquatics are meant to bring you back to a different time of gritty battles on the high seas.

Have a great day!

That scent sounds awesome. Hey, remember me will ya as you keep buying soaps and get tired of the old ones? ;)

1631905056977.gif

1631905085582.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Lather: Lakewood Soap Co Mr. Powell's Mellow Honey Mash
Aftershave: Prohibition Style Whiskey Sour

TRULY FUN SHAVE. Lakewood Soaps are a gem - love the 2 oz containers. This one is a fantastic bourbon note with a tinge of honey! The Prohibition Style Whiskey Sour did not disappoint- hit the spot. this is the first time for me with the winner Blades, not ready to make a proclamation on them, they did do a great job. I just can’t say if they in the league of a Wizamet or a Nacet.

Had Aidan’s IEP and spoke with Jack’s counselor (trying to convince Jack to take a couple of community college courses while in HS)…both went really well. Aidan’s mom showed up to this IEP - first one in 5 years- teachers felt a little awkward. The good news is that we found a potential program for job skills training which is exciting!

Have a great weekend folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back