The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days, with all the IFRA restrictions, what constitutes a Chypre or Fougere seems to be getting more and more fluid, if it says Fougere to your nose, you can call it one now. It says Grateful Dead extended jam to me...

If you ever get a chance, give Myrsol F/Extra a try, it's like they decided to make Floid as a fougere.

Got to say I appreciate that you can happily go from Floid to Eau Sauvage, that's my style too.

These days, with all the IFRA restrictions, what constitutes a Chypre or Fougere seems to be getting more and more fluid, if it says Fougere to your nose, you can call it one now. It says Grateful Dead extended jam to me...

If you ever get a chance, give Myrsol F/Extra a try, it's like they decided to make Floid as a fougere.

Got to say I appreciate that you can happily go from Floid to Eau Sauvage, that's my style too.
Here Here Brother - and I will definitely give Myrsol F/Extra a try!

Glad the storms blew over without incident!

Cool idea to add your own scent strength…how well does it work in practice though?

They’re huge at 400 ml - Epsilob has 500 ml bottles if you love, love a scent!
And if you love love LOVE a scent, you can get a whole gallon!

MW5058-01.jpg

Glad the storms blew over without incident!

Cool idea to add your own scent strength…how well does it work in practice though?
that's a good question - I can see if I tried that - I'd use half of it on the first shave lol. The only person I have seen use it in practice is a gent named Mark Szorady on YouTube - and he said he really liked it.

1631283482145.png

1631283223335.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Lather: Ginger’s Garden Cuba Libre
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Cuba Libre
Additional Care: Jacques Zolty Severo EdP

Today's shave is dedicated to the summer fun drink Cuba Libra - I know my blog was very subtle - so maybe you didn't pick up on it. Just goes to prove - citrus can make anything - even awesome things - more awesomer! Rum & Coke - oh, and add a lime! Bam! Stuck the landing! I love this Stork Handle - combo of stainless steel and brass - heavy, and curves in all the right places! (Insert Nurse Dave comment here lol).

Hopefully going to be a chill weekend - and now since I do have a tiny bit of rum in the house - as well as limes - just need to pick up some Coca Cola.

Have a great day my friends!

1631283450956.png

By the way, I need a drink because the Phillies - who in the middle of the week were only 1 game back and I caught the tail end of their 12-0 win over the Brewers and I thought - they're on track - we will finish strong and make the playoffs.

Then the Phillies realized they were actually playing above .500 ball - so they responded with an 0-11 loss to the Brewers, a 3-4 Loss to Colorado......and the icing of the cake last night because I was able to watch the game - they had a 2-1 lead going into the bottom of the 9th with a new acquisition top tier reliever and ......

This is what happens when the Phillies use a pitcher with my ex-wife's last name.

1631286067034.png

By the way, I need a drink because the Phillies - who in the middle of the week were only 1 game back and I caught the tail end of their 12-0 win over the Brewers and I thought - they're on track - we will finish strong and make the playoffs.

Then the Phillies realized they were actually playing above .500 ball - so they responded with an 0-11 loss to the Brewers, a 3-4 Loss to Colorado......and the icing of the cake last night because I was able to watch the game - they had a 2-1 lead going into the bottom of the 9th with a new acquisition top tier reliever and ......

This is what happens when the Phillies use a pitcher with my ex-wife's last name.

View attachment 60304
I feel your pain. I’m glad I was watching the Tampa Bay/Dallas game instead last night. At least Dallas lost, that helped cheer me up a little haha!

If offered, don’t eat the jam at a Grateful Dead concert. I was busy for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back