The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Tuesday!

1631024138522.gif

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Lather: Pinnacle Grooming Aqua Marine Fougère
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans The Undersea
Additional Care: Versace Man Eau Fraiche EdT

Really like the scent of both the soap and the AS. I think Pinnacle is an all around great company - owner is very friendly and up front. This ’aquatic‘ fougere hits all the right notes….it is on the lighter side scent strength wise from the puck but opens up a lot during the lather. Had time to do a straight shave with the Tedalus - so I took advantage.

My kids school district observes Rosh Hashanah - so this is a 4 day weekend for them. I know they are doing it right at the school because Aidan was bummed that we didn’t have to go today.

Have a fantastic Tuesday. If you are those that observe Monday twice like @GearNoir , Happy Monday again!
and if you observe Rosh Hashanah- ‘Shanah tovah!’

Really?! Wow…not even CA does that officially…that’s saying something! 😂
MD is so bizarre in that literally the next county over - they don't observe the same holidays. And then to further confuse things - within the same school districts - they don't observe the same days off. For instance - for Parent - Teacher / Mid Terms for each semester - the elementary and middle schools have a week in which they rotate - 1/2 day morning, 1/2 afternoon, 1/2 morning again and then the rest of the week off for Teacher training. But the high schools don't observe it - makes it really difficult when you have kids in both levels.

1631104944123.png

Razor: Blackland Vector
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Lather: Spearhead Shaving Co Bergamot & Sandalwood
Aftershave: Blackship Grooming Ghost Ship
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Sun EdT

I refuse to let the Summer go quietly in the night! This shave focuses on citrus - the predominant note in the AS, and EdT is grapefruit. The soap was part of the experimental series that the Spearhead Shaving Company did to tune in their base - now that they've acquired the Seaforth name - they haven't done these soaps (though I have encouraged the artisan that he should do these scents again). If I were a guessing man - the new Seaforth has done three releases (Spice, Heather, Spiced Lime) - and if you look historically into Seaforth - there are at least two more "scent" - a leather forward one and a bay rum type - so I would gather that these would be the next in line...... from the experimental line- you usually could pick them up for less than $10 - and they usually were simple blends - like this one. But sometimes, it is the simple things that are fantastic. Blackship's Ghost Ship - is Grapefruit, Sandalwood and Dark Amber - if this is not my favorite BSG - then it is the top two (I love Tortuga as well). Plus how can you not like aftershave that comes in a skull? The EdT is from the Light Blue line- their latest Light Blue Forever is actually a better grapefruit - and my fav on the line- but sun is good too and I haven't worn it as much so I decided to give it a whirl.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Last edited:
Spearhead kinda dropped everything to pursue the Seaforth line hm? I guess that makes a bit of sense if they were still tinkering around with their own base. Seaforth does seem to have a pretty solid momentum!

Yeah I viewed his experimental line as the precursor to the existing Seaforth base. I haven't tried Heather but absolutely love Spice and Sea Spice Lime. I know he mentioned there's more coming down the pipeline within the Seaforth line, and I'd agree that I fully expect at least one Bay Rum release.

I like a good citrus scent, but the lack of longevity means I don't really have any pure citrus.

1631195677309.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding)
Brush: RazoRock Big Bruce
Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co. Badass
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

This shave had an "old school" feel to it - though the soap is from an artisan based out of Tennessee. The scent is what I would call along the genre of a classic men's cologne - similar to Eau Savauge - though not at all a dupe. It's almost a Chypre or Fougere - with citrus and oakmoss, but makes no mention of lavender, geranium, or tonka - so I can't really call it those without those notes for sure. From what I see - the soap is what I can best describe as vegetal based - in that most of the fatty acids are your plant based butters (Cocoa Butter, Kokum Butter, Illepe Butter) - but it does have goat's milk and lanolin as well. It lists the typical stearic acid - but from what I understand - that could be either plant or animal based. One interesting thing about Hendrix is that they promote their unscented soap and sell their scents separately - so if you have sensitive skin - you can go lower on the scent - or add more if you're a frag head that needs it to be a powerhouse.

Floid is one of my favorite AS and Eau Sauvage is in my top 3-5 fragrances (first two are MM Jazz Club and Chanel Bleu de Chanel, the next three I like equally well).

We had huge storms last night - I was shocked that we didn't have power go out - since some of the thunder sounded extremely close.

Have a most fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back