The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/24/2023

View attachment 105862

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Creed Bois Du Portugal EdP

Upscale shave my friends! Nothing but classic old school in the house today! I dig my new Creed acquisition……I have to admit - the descriptions on YT were accurate - one of the best dry downs I have smelled in quite some time. I have to pick out my next acquisitions - they should be from the House of Floris…..Though I‘d love to get their new one 007 - the prices are in excess to what I’ve paid so far for a Creed - so gonna wait on that one……looking at the Classic No. 89, Elite, and Jermyn Street.

We have a beautiful sunny day ahead it looks like. So hopefully will be able to take advantage of that. Yesterday‘s Special Needs Transition Fair was awesome - I found a college program for Aidan that he should be ready for in a couple of years. I met with his program that he’ll have next year for his last year of High School - and I explained which state programs we’d been working with along with his therapies and his job and they assured me that we’re ahead of the game - so I’m reassured by that.

Have a wonderful Friday my friends!
Everything about that shave is..

giphy.gif

Have a great one, brother! :cool:

Floris more expensive than Creed? That’s saying something!

Hope you have a great Friday indeed!
I know right? I know I could go the decant route - but knowing there is a fragrance dedicated to the fourth greatest spy out there (Top 3: 1. Archer, 2. Jason Bourne, 3. Austin Powers) - I know I need to go big and go blind buy (the Tom Ford decants I got earlier this year were not a representation of who I am - that’s not how I was raised 😂)! On a completely unrelated subject - would you mind contributing $310 on my Patreon account?

Sunny skies - I’m hoping it continues this way

Yeah, I wonder why it's more than twice what their standards go for. #89 is a great choice too anyway.

However I still can't forgive them for canning 1962.

I just realized that I have missed a few shaves here, so I’m going to have to pull an @NurseDave and post a bunch all at once.

SOTD: 02/26/2023

1677600063734.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: AP Shave Co Semi-Transparent Yellow
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Zingari Man The Healers Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Gypsy Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Hydration Potion
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Grapefruit Cognac Extrait

SOTD: 02/27/2023

1677600111911.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (Open Comb)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 3rd use
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks Clown Puke
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Chanel Pour Monsieur EdP

SOTD: 02/28/2023

1677600148009.jpeg

Razor: Yates Precision 921 Custom
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 1st use
Brush: Chisel & Hound Molten Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Soap: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Balm
Fragrance: Barrister & Mann Marilyn EdP

Went back to the well with Marilyn. This is definitely a nod to the old school - which is something I like - but it is a yin and yang - a dark side with a talcum powder light side. It does grow on you and while I don’t think there is anything that makes you think this is an instant classic, it is what i would consider a modern art piece and something you could appreciate. Plus I remember when I was young and held the romanticism of Marilyn in such high regard.

Today I get to let people know their raises and annual review remarks…..will always be interesting. There are a few that will have their days made.

Have a great day everyone!

Good for them, and you. 😃

It’s days like this that are really cool - one of these was life changing for the guy, I was able to get the guy a promotion along with a very significant raise (HR was pushing back - which I don’t understand - it’s my orgs $, I am the one responsible for meeting corporate goals…..but that is where it is so cool that I have a cool boss, got her backing and got it signed off by the VP……sometimes you have to remind these folks - you have to take care of the people that are taking care of the work)……since we are remote - his wife could hear our meeting in the background - something tells me that he’s going to be taking her out for a nice dinner tonight

SOTD: 03/01/2023

1677682188636.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Soap: Mama Bear Soaps Whiskey Cream Puck
Aftershave: Epsilon Scottish Spirit Aftershave
Balm: Mama Bear Soaps Whiskey Cream Balm
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Poseidon’s Private Reserve Extrait

Because Mama says any shave soap that doesn’t have a citrus or whiskey note….

1677682240177.jpeg

Nothing much to report - have a wonderful day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back