The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a really nice set! Is the scent pretty mellow, as if it were tea, or do they amp it up?

Sounds like a really nice set! Is the scent pretty mellow, as if it were tea, or do they amp it up?
It’s a little stronger, but just a smidge, as if you were taking a nice little whiff from a hot cup of Jasmin tea. The EdP is that perfect balance - it seems like it will last - but not a projection beast.

s-l1600.jpg

To help visualize.

SOTD: 02/23/2023

1677163227403.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander - Wagner Handle
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: 345 Soap Company Den of Thieves Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company Den of Thieves Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: 345 Soap Den of Thieves EdP Tom Ford Rive D’Ambre EdP

Very nice shave today - this is an homage to Tom Fords Rive D’Ambre which is right up my wheelhouse. Citrus. Booze. From the scale above - a smidgen of mint.

1677163564144.png

I think is has been discontinued - because I can’t find it on the Tom Ford site. I have a nice 15ml decant - this is a winner. 345 Soap didn’t give a story around it - why the pirate themed label, I’ve looked up all the possible translations….Amber Bank, Amber Shore, Amber Coast…..oh well, regardless, it is pretty darn good. Great way to start a Thursday.

Well, today I have a Next Steps fair for Aidan at his school….I am hoping to get him into a specific program for his last year where they have school part time and then do work studies for most of the time. He’s already begun some work with that program so I am hopeful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a Pox on the House of Spider for his crappy bingo calls. I mean, if I don’t win, is there even a reason to play?

Last edited:
SOTD: 02/23/2023

View attachment 105774

Razor: Karve Overlander - Wagner Handle
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Soap: 345 Soap Company Den of Thieves Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company Den of Thieves Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: 345 Soap Den of Thieves EdP Tom Ford Rive D’Ambre EdP

Very nice shave today - this is an homage to Tom Fords Rive D’Ambre which is right up my wheelhouse. Citrus. Booze. From the scale above - a smidgen of mint.

View attachment 105775

I think is has been discontinued - because I can’t find it on the Tom Ford site. I have a nice 15ml decant - this is a winner. 345 Soap didn’t give a story around it - why the pirate themed label, but I think it is pretty darn good. Great way to start a Thursday.

Well, today I have a Next Steps fair for Aidan at his school….I am hoping to get him into a specific program for his last year where they have school part time and then do work studies for most of the time. He’s already begun some work with that program so I am hopeful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a Pox on the House of Spider for his crappy bingo calls. I mean, if I don’t win, is there even a reason to play?
Looks like a great shave! Hope all goes well with Aidan. Have a great one, brother! :)

SOTD: 02/24/2023

1677257573451.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Creed Bois Du Portugal EdP

Upscale shave my friends! Nothing but classic old school in the house today! I dig my new Creed acquisition……I have to admit - the descriptions on YT were accurate - one of the best dry downs I have smelled in quite some time. I have to pick out my next acquisitions - they should be from the House of Floris…..Though I‘d love to get their new one 007 - the prices are in excess to what I’ve paid so far for a Creed - so gonna wait on that one……looking at the Classic No. 89, Elite, and Jermyn Street.

We have a beautiful sunny day ahead it looks like. So hopefully will be able to take advantage of that. Yesterday‘s Special Needs Transition Fair was awesome - I found a college program for Aidan that he should be ready for in a couple of years. I met with his program that he’ll have next year for his last year of High School - and I explained which state programs we’d been working with along with his therapies and his job and they assured me that we’re ahead of the game - so I’m reassured by that.

Have a wonderful Friday my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back