The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/17/2023

1676652435282.gif

Razor: Yates Precision 921 Custom
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Yingling Shaveworks Papaya
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT

Ok, the weather has been a bit of a bummer the last few days - so I needed a pick me up……queue the surfing music! This soap/AS/EdT combo did a great job in starting the day out right! And if you have kumquat in your note breakdown, how can you go wrong? Though, TBH - I didn’t even know what it smelled like until getting the EdT. I did end up buying some kumquats - just to say I had them - felt weird - not like peeling mini oranges - basically eating a miniature orange whole 😂 Like a man!

Then work reminded me….

1676652664982.gif

But I won’t be derailed with breaks and curls like that….so I retort….

1676652727744.gif

Two highlights of my day……going to go to Costco and the co-worker from yesterday is going to be getting even better news today. Shaka Brah!

1676652885402.gif

Have a wonderful day my friends.

SOTD: 02/17/2023

View attachment 105279

Razor: Yates Precision 921 Custom
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Yingling Shaveworks Papaya
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Fragrance: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT

Ok, the weather has been a bit of a bummer the last few days - so I needed a pick me up……queue the surfing music! This soap/AS/EdT combo did a great job in starting the day out right! And if you have kumquat in your note breakdown, how can you go wrong? Though, TBH - I didn’t even know what it smelled like until getting the EdT. I did end up buying some kumquats - just to say I had them - felt weird - not like peeling mini oranges - basically eating a miniature orange whole 😂 Like a man!

Then work reminded me….

View attachment 105280

But I won’t be derailed with breaks and curls like that….so I retort….

View attachment 105281

Two highlights of my day……going to go to Costco and the co-worker from yesterday is going to be getting even better news today. Shaka Brah!

View attachment 105282

Have a wonderful day my friends.

SOTD: 02/18/2023

1676732839280.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Company Ambassador
Blade: Parker Premium, 1st use
Brush: Yingling Brushworks Peach Mojito
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Pre-Shave Serum Cream
Soap: Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Peaches & Cognac Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Grapefruit Cognac Extrait

Cognac themed shave because we Scuttles are going upscale all up in here!

The new outdoor shave den at the Scuttle abode:
1676733109452.gif

Great scents and a really refreshing shave. Accidentally grabbed a Parker blade instead of a Derby Premium, which is typically my blade of choice for the Ambassador….and it performed spectacularly - so now I have two blades that I can go to (love the Ambassador -but for me, this is definitely a case where you need to find a matching blade to pair). I do actually have a Peach frag from Ginger’s Garden based on a Philly cocktail, but it doesn’t have cognac - so needed to stick with the theme.

So here’s to you my friends, having a great day and I’m going to grab Bipsy, Bobby, Skip, and Ginger, my upscale imaginary friends and finish off our fortified brandy.

1676733258374.gif

Must have been quite a week for poor Brian. I think he hit a new record for [insert booze of choice here] mentions.

Don’t worry buddy, we’ll wake you up Monday morning with a nice cold shower and hot cuppa joe.

241EF835-CB11-4207-BAFB-D834438634C3.gif

SOTD: 02/20/2023

- e 1676913480633.jpeg

Razor: Rockwell T2
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot Puck
Aftershave: Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot Aftershave
Balm: Geo F Trumper West Indies Limes Skin Food Balm
Fragrance: Emporio Armani Stronger With You Freeze EdT

I love the scents of my software! Bright way to start a holiday off!. The razor, as expected, gave a great shave, but as I have explained in other parts of the TSC, a little bit of a bummer on what this razor really is.

Rockwell…..

1676913577914.gif

Per a @Bill M request - I did a video. Woo Hoo.

Anyway - we’re not a downer blog …….no, we are cheery! So let me tell you about yesterday. Aidan had a fantastic day during lifeskills therapy. I couldn’t be happier with the results and to see him applying what he learned at home (and it gives me relief that this will make his life safer).

Everyone have a fantastic day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back