The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/12/2023

1676206148374.gif`

Razor: Henry Martin Theo Kochs Full Hollow
Brush: Elite Razor Blueberries & Cream Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Chanel Bleu de Chanel EdT

Love me some BdC! In my top 3 - Jazz Club and Eau Sauvage being the other two. Decided to engulf myself in that grapefruit, mint, and sandalwood! And I’m glad that @Luecke3262 has gotten me into vintage razors - because it is really neat having a piece of history in your hand as part of your shave.

Chill day today - Aidan wants to go to the grocery store, we’ll do some STEAM projects as well…….most likely will watch the SB. It breaks my heart to root against my favorite city in the world - but what can I say, I would prefer to see the birds’ wings clipped. Go Chiefs. First, I have to figure out how we’re going to watch it - I’m sure we can find some free streaming service (I only do one of the TV streaming services - Hulu+, YT TV, Sling, etc….during special occasions like the Olympics, MLB playoffs, etc - otherwise I find myself reading less books - and I have so many I want to enjoy).

Have a fantastic day my friends and if you are watching the Superbowl enjoy and be safe!

I’m glad to be one of the ex-whipping straight razor boys for, he who may be the TSC poster child for “Buy Now” and “Buy Again” visual aids
😎

Sweet shave setup
Oh, I still blame you as well - because you and our good barber are the ones that got me into straight razoring - for which, without that, would be no vintage side road to drive down……and the fact that you honed my first straight razor - my Dovo with the Olive wood scales - and made the jump so easy - you are definitely still to blame. You’re the “just try a little -free” guy - you know, the one that gets you hooked 😂

Oh, I still blame you as well - because you and our good barber are the ones that got me into straight razoring - for which, without that, would be no vintage side road to drive down……and the fact that you honed my first straight razor - my Dovo with the Olive wood scales - and made the jump so easy - you are definitely still to blame. You’re the “just try a little -free” guy - you know, the one that gets you hooked 😂
One of these days, I gotta go vintage.

First, I need to follow your impeccable role model presentation of buying at least one of everything modern manufactured.
🤣

You need to come to the civilized end of our Commonwealth this summer, and catch a ballgame. I can show you the town. :)
I promise you we will make it an event this summer. Jack and I really want to see PNC Ballpark (and you of course)….Aidan….well he’ll just be happy if they have whatever the Pittsburgh version of Slurpees is 😂

SOTD: 02/13/2023

1676298172310.jpeg

Razor: Stirling Soap HyperAggressive-Fort Worth Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: CBL Soap Club CBL Stick
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Sharp Dressed Man EdT

Just felt like giving myself the barbershop feeling since I don’t visit my local barbershops much……CBL knocked it out of the park - using real Clubman Pinaud in the mix so bravo Chris! I didn’t have Dana Canoe for an EdT - I guess I could have gone British Sterling - but I haven’t used my Sharp Dressed Man in a while - and it is a good homage to Green Irish Tweed.

This razor is a steal for what Stirling is selling it for - an all stainless steel CNC’s razor (there’s a story behind the price - all I can say is that Rod & Mandy are people with integrity and it is impressive)……..there are a few left on their site - I think many are intimidated by the hyper-aggressive label - but I think they are missing out. This isn’t a daily driver - but should be used for a couple of days growth - but man is it efficient - and like a straight razor - just have to give it the respect and take it slow - you get a fantastic shave! And it is my favorite handle design in my collection.

Was really entertained by the Super Bowl - I was also impressed by some of the dancers during the halftime show that were on those suspended platforms. I am not a fan of heights (Airborne school did not cure me of that, much to my chagrin)…….and loved that the game came down to the last play. Well done Chiefs (and thank you that my ex-wife’s favorite team did not win 😂 - is that wrong? 😂)

Have a most fantastic day my friends!

SOTD: 02/13/2023

View attachment 104930

Razor: Stirling Soap HyperAggressive-Fort Worth Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: CBL Soap Club CBL Stick
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Sharp Dressed Man EdT

Just felt like giving myself the barbershop feeling since I don’t visit my local barbershops much……CBL knocked it out of the park - using real Clubman Pinaud in the mix so bravo Chris! I didn’t have Dana Canoe for an EdT - I guess I could have gone British Sterling - but I haven’t used my Sharp Dressed Man in a while - and it is a good homage to Green Irish Tweed.

This razor is a steal for what Stirling is selling it for - an all stainless steel CNC’s razor (there’s a story behind the price - all I can say is that Rod & Mandy are people with integrity and it is impressive)……..there are a few left on their site - I think many are intimidated by the hyper-aggressive label - but I think they are missing out. This isn’t a daily driver - but should be used for a couple of days growth - but man is it efficient - and like a straight razor - just have to give it the respect and take it slow - you get a fantastic shave! And it is my favorite handle design in my collection.

Was really entertained by the Super Bowl - I was also impressed by some of the dancers during the halftime show that were on those suspended platforms. I am not a fan of heights (Airborne school did not cure me of that, much to my chagrin)…….and loved that the game came down to the last play. Well done Chiefs (and thank you that my ex-wife’s favorite team did not win 😂 - is that wrong? 😂)

Have a most fantastic day my friends!
The SOTD gets the official "MarkB Barbershop Shave Sea of Approval"

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back