The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/08/2023

1675872647132.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 5th use
Brush: RazoRock Noir Plissoft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Maestro Miche Jack The Shaver Puck
Aftershave: Darwin Shaving Classic Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Fragrance: Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy EdP

Fun little shave - I have to be honest - only picked this soap up because it then allowed free shipping…..it’s a good soap - less than $10 - and good performance. Light, pleasant scent but nothing that stands out. Just good soap for a great price. Darwin is a fav for the aftershave - but the price does make your eyes water - but one of the best citrus forward AS that I have - and cool bottle. I like GG cologne - it is a good iris office friendly cologne - I do like the other flankers I have better - the cologne and the Reserve Privee - but this will do as a quick, dumb reach as they say.

Man- work has started out interestingly. My problem child is at it again and another group decided to shut down some equipment mid morning without notice. It’s a hump day!

But we shall prevail with positivity only because I don’t have any alcohol at my disposal right now as an alternative to a good attitude 😂 Plus tomorrow is National Pizza Day!

1675874141245.gif

Have a wonderful day my friends

But we shall prevail with positivity only because I don’t have any alcohol at my disposal right now as an alternative to a good attitude
That can easily be remedied..

giphy-downsized.gif

Darwin is a fav for the aftershave - but the price does make your eyes water
I just had to see what price would make your eyes water, so I looked this up. The company has been around awhile, and once marketed some nifty razors.

I just had to see what price would make your eyes water, so I looked this up. The company has been around awhile, and once marketed some nifty razors.
I do agree - those razors are beauts!

SOTD: 02/09/2023

1675962414980.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co 53 East & 51st Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving No. 1 Gatsby v2 Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: The Holy Black Jazz Age EdP

An upscale shave right before I get dressed in my classy work attire - sweats and a T-Shirt. So the shave is all centered around the new Holy Black Jazz Age cologne. It is definitely unisex - leaves the impression of a classy cocktail even without a true boozy note. Top notes of Passionfruit, Mango, Tangerine, Grapefruit and Bergamot, Middle notes are Peony, Jasmine, Vanilla Orchid and Lily-of-the-Valley, with base notes including Sandalwood, Vanilla, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Agarwood, and a touch of Ambrette musk. My favorite historical times were this Golden Age through the end of WWII - maybe breaking out into the 50’s. But definitely 1910 - 1920s had that sort of romance about it.

Which got me to thinking…..this whole time I have been pressing to be royalty - especially in the bingo field - when I should have been seeking to be the American version of Downton Abbey……living on my estate on the Gold Coast….drinking upscale cocktails while I make my bingo workers make the calls - all without Bingo labor laws and Bingo minimum wages. I’ll build libraries with my name on it - all for the public who, let’s be honest, won’t be able to go to because they are too busy working 7 days a week generating my bingo memes. And besides, I wouldn’t want those riff raff like nurses, barbers, and Army majors (unless he is well connected), Marvel superheroes, and dangerous people, dirtying up the library’s marble floors and getting unwashed fingerprints on the books. Why be a squire when I can be a Bingo Captain of Industry! @EMG06 and @AvocadoQueen you’re still invited - because we need doctors and other royalty to keep the party upscale.

This is what my Bingo games will be moving forward:

1675963310498.jpeg

Have a spectacular day my friends!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back