The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
my classy work attire - sweats and a T-Shirt.
giphy.gif

You have full reign of the estate and the guest house and feel free to berate my bingo staff whenever the need calls for it.
That is very kind of you. I consider it a bit gauche to lose my temper in front of the staff, but if you provide me with a line to the butler I assure that anything I find amiss will be addressed in the appropriate manner.

SOTD: 02/10/2023

1676060071161.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Chisel & Hound Molten Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Marilyn Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Cassell-Massey Jockey Club EdT

So a tribute shave to Marilyn Monroe. Back when I was a kid - I idolized James Dean and loved Marilyn. I think all fragrances are unisex - you like what you like - but there are categories that I think most people would put in one gender or the other. Somehow Barrister & Mann have found a way to make an old school scent with depth unisex. It is nondescript, this isn’t a scent that jumps off the page. The best way I can describe it - it reminds me of Pasteur’s Timmerman (the black label), but with Versace Blue Jeans mixed in with it. I like it - it is there without being in your face…..I can picture this as a Don Draper out on the town kind of scent. I paired it with Jockey Club EdT only because this was one of the colognes JFK wore. Could have easily gone with Eight & Bob - either would compliment this and add a little brightness.

Busy day at work - boss had to take a day off, so I was left in charge. My problem child put in their resignation but one of my favorite subs came to me with a new PM that has some awesome experience - so looks like that issue took care of itself. A few minor political issues (I don’t do office politics) - but dealt with enough so that on Monday when the folks that do deal with them can handle it.

Looks to be a beautiful Friday - I hope everyone enjoys the start to their weekend.

Poor problem child. Such a waste when you can’t really put a job experience on a resume. At least it was semi on his own terms?

Poor problem child. Such a waste when you can’t really put a job experience on a resume. At least it was semi on his own terms?

I’d say sort of - said problem child did put in their notice (albeit 3 day notice rather than 2 weeks) - but I think they knew the writing was on the wall. The performance plan that I laid out was solid - and they were not going to meet the goals because they were unwilling to put in the work or go to the training I arranged. This was a person that liked to play the company against the customer - once they realized that the customer had the same expectations……the only choice was to do the work - or to be terminated.

SOTD: 02/11/2023

1676117541250.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander - Wagner Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Allura Puck
Aftershave: Master Soap Creations Allura Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane Solitary Man Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme EdT

Good morning! So the soap and AS are an homage to Chanel Allure Homme Sport - very nicely done, but like the other MSC homages - they are usually spot on in my experience. Nice performance and dig the scent. The level kind of reminds me of Tron - man, that was a cool movie and I think the first video game that I spent money on after I realized I wasn’t going to win at Space Invaders or Galaga (man I stink at video games 😂). Well, even though I did not have good enough hand eye coordination to make it past the more difficult stages of the game, I think I had an attachment to it because I liked the movie so well.

Last night I was polishing my Blutt 1.20 baseplate and some of the razor stands I had - then they went for a bath in the ultra sonic cleaner. Man, so far that has been worth every penny. Threw in a few other razors and wow - the results are amazing. I baby my razors with a super soft toothbrush after each shave - so none of them have a build up - but after the ultrasonic - I don’t remember the razors looking that good even out of the box from the artisans. Think I’ll do some more of my collection today.

Aidan was supposed to go to life skills training today, but his aide is sick so we are going to bake some bread from one of the STEAM kits - looking forward to that. Right now he is putting his massager on his chest and doing robot quotes from one of his movies and thinking he’s funny…..which, he is. 😂

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back