The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell like I’ve been chopping down resinous trees
He's a lumberjack and he's okay...

giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
SOTD: 02/04/2023

1675529755361.gif

Razor: Case Red Imp 143
Brush: Chisel & Hound Backdraft Fanchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: First Line Shave Red Label Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Alighieri Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Christian Dior Fahrenheit Parfum

Cranking up the heat today - it’s not Woodpusher cold - but there is a slight chill in the air at -4°C (leaving out Fahrenheit to be ironic), but it is nice a sunny - and not a cloud in the sky. I do like Dior Fahrenheit - and the Parfum version has that nice boozy note. My favorite version was actually K Shave Worx Riptide (So bummed that they stopped making shave soap) - they took all the good elements of the cologne and added a strawberry note - believe it or note - really worked. Anyway - both the soap and the AS here are homages to the EdT - but still works.

Doing taxes today - yay! Gotta pay the man.

Have a great day everyone!

I've been doing taxes since the start of the year, just updating the forms when another tax-info slip comes in. We are just waiting on 1 slip each and we are ready to file. In fact, I've already started my 2023 tax year planning!
You are well ahead of the game my friend!

SOTD: 02/05/2023

1675608683280.jpeg

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 5th use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Holly Sweet Spot Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Crossroads Puck
Aftershave: First Line Shave Crossroads Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense EdP

The scent reminds me of the cologne - even though it is not a dupe or homage and love the pic -just like the Ralph Macchio movie.

1675608763216.jpeg

We’re off to life skills training for Aidan and hopefully a walk along the river!

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back