The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/23/2023

View attachment 103281

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Ethos Grooming Bergamotto Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Bergamotto Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Dunhill Amalfi Citrus EdT

Dragonsbeard has done it again - another fantastic soap and AS. And citrus galore! Finished off with some new Dunhill Amalfi Citrus - it’s strong enough for at least inside the house - and goes really well with the soap & AS.

I know this is first world problems - but man - I’ve not had that much luck with shipping products as of late. A razor was lost in the ether, I received another package today but with the wrong item (same type but wrong sku)…..a third was shipped not only across my state - having to drive past my town - but is now on the Eastern Shore…….Geez Louise! Shipping Calgon - Take me away!

Other than that - it’s been a busy night - got a text last night from my customer ——— at 23:00 - getting a text that says Hey - it’s never a good “Hey” 😂 So three hours later were able to identify the cause of the problem but couldn’t get ahold of anyone to fix the problem. That group was in training again today - so we spent the day putting a workaround in place. but the customer is happy - or at least not angry - so I’ll take it.

But to pick up the day - Aidan had a fantastic session at music therapy - so I’ll take that any day of the week!

Have a great evening everhone!
I've heard good stuff about that Ethos.

You won’t be disappointed in Ethos. Pricey, but everything about them is pure class and amazing performance. I think Ethos Vanilla Safi might be my favorite soap ever performance-wise; but their Greenfresh and Lavender supreme never let me down. A safe investment to try their stuff.

I second @EMG06 sentiments - fantastic skin care and shaving products and a class-act artisan and person. I am a citrus freak myself - so I love their Agrume line - but there is a little something for everyone scent wise from him - and he has a female-focused line as well. And I also love his collaboration with the razor company - with the Blue Note which is an homage to MM Replica Jazz Club cologne.

SOTD: 02/03/2023

1675437350871.jpeg

Razor: Yates Precision 921 Custom
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: West Coast Shaving Chypre Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Naughton and Wilson Chypre Fulminare EdP

The day started challenging - so I started the day throwing down my gentleman, manly card down today! I smell like I’ve been chopping down resinous trees in my bespoke dinner jacket, with my pressed white shirt and @NurseDave cufflinks while my butler Jeeves prepares cocktails for Tèa Leoni and me - made with Red Breast Irish Whiskey of course (Tèa and I would never stoop so low as to drink that swill those peasants call Scotch).

Outside of that since I had to wake up - going to have to been hard chargin’ today while keeping my typical suave-ey (new word, patent pending).

Have a great day my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back