The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/31/2023

1675169494043.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Wisp
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Poseidon’s Cotton Candy Extrait

Great shave - feel like I’m looking at a cool album cover 😂 And nothing spells manly than my cologne - mixing in Aventus with some spun sugar. Don Draper look out!

Yesterday seemed productive dealing with Aidan’s school and getting some additional services in for him - we’ll see the outcome. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday seemed productive dealing with Aidan’s school and getting some additional services in for him - we’ll see the outcome. Fingers crossed.
giphy.gif

SOTD: 02/01/2023

1675261316640.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Soap: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Fragrance: Creed Erolfa EdP

Absolutely love the scents of this shave - Stirling nailed it with this homage to Creed Erolfa. Thought the story of the name of the frag was a pretty cool story - basically the father to the first two initials of his son, his daughter, and their mother - and voilà - you’ve got yourself a frag name. And a beautiful aromatic fougère to boot.

Funny thing happened a work last night. Was told by a very young member of my team (I feel so old that 20 something’s are kiddos)…..that they were not going to meet the deliverable deadline because their laptop was broken because the fan failed. Now mind you, I’ve been working with this individual to ensure they understood the requirements and deadline and had the tools to complete the task. I’ve checked up on them to note their progress and give helpful tips…….so was unsure why at this hour - it couldn’t be delivered on time. So I actually got to say “Son, it’s a good thing your boss is the IT Service Delivery Manager and the service desk also works for him. What’s your ticket number and we’ll get this fixed“ Dialed the service desk and come to find out there was no ticket (another excuse in that they didn’t know how to fill out a ticket). Asked them how could they fill out the form if the laptop was not working? Shockingly the laptop started working again. Sheesh- kids these days.

Today is going to be spent on reports! Yay. Maybe things will turn around and I will be christened bingo king again. It‘s for the best.

Well in our meeting with HR today - I told him that it took guts to come to me, anIT engineer with 30+ years experience, about a broken laptop that ”broke” 8 hours before but never called the help desk, and that was impacting the on-time delivery of a requirement that has been set for a month. I mean, a lesser manager might think that was complete BS.

I think that was the first time I ever saw an HR rep smile.

And besides, my employee learned a new acronym today, PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)……and he is very happy - because it means we’re going to be best friends - and meet twice a week for the next month. Now, I have to admit - he did start to complain to the HR rep at that, but I did give him an option to meet with my boss instead - which two smiles from an HR rep has got to me a record. But now I’m angry because my boss scares people more than me 😂

Well in our meeting with HR today - I told him that it took guts to come to me, anIT engineer with 30+ years experience, about a broken laptop that ”broke” 8 hours before but never called the help desk, and that was impacting the on-time delivery of a requirement that has been set for a month. I mean, a lesser manager might think that was complete BS.

I think that was the first time I ever saw an HR rep smile.

And besides, my employee learned a new acronym today, PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)……and he is very happy - because it means we’re going to be best friends - and meet twice a week for the next month. Now, I have to admit - he did start to complain to the HR rep at that, but I did give him an option to meet with my boss instead - which two smiles from an HR rep has got to me a record. But now I’m angry because my boss scares people more than me 😂
My cat fluffy scares people more than you.

SOTD: 02/01/2023

View attachment 104017

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Soap: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Fragrance: Creed Erolfa EdP

Absolutely love the scents of this shave - Stirling nailed it with this homage to Creed Erolfa. Thought the story of the name of the frag was a pretty cool story - basically the father to the first two initials of his son, his daughter, and their mother - and voilà - you’ve got yourself a frag name. And a beautiful aromatic fougère to boot.

Funny thing happened a work last night. Was told by a very young member of my team (I feel so old that 20 something’s are kiddos)…..that they were not going to meet the deliverable deadline because their laptop was broken because the fan failed. Now mind you, I’ve been working with this individual to ensure they understood the requirements and deadline and had the tools to complete the task. I’ve checked up on them to note their progress and give helpful tips…….so was unsure why at this hour - it couldn’t be delivered on time. So I actually got to say “Son, it’s a good thing your boss is the IT Service Delivery Manager and the service desk also works for him. What’s your ticket number and we’ll get this fixed“ Dialed the service desk and come to find out there was no ticket (another excuse in that they didn’t know how to fill out a ticket). Asked them how could they fill out the form if the laptop was not working? Shockingly the laptop started working again. Sheesh- kids these days.

Today is going to be spent on reports! Yay. Maybe things will turn around and I will be christened bingo king again. It‘s for the best.

again, there is no bingo king other than what is in your own mind… As convoluted as that is there sport

again, there is no bingo king other than what is in your own mind… As convoluted as that is there sport
Don’t you want to be great? I mean isn’t the saying, “Great minds think alike?” So if in my mind I’m bingo king - if you think that as well - we’ll both be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back