The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, we're on a sync, I use Extra Tobacco yesterday. Great stuff too!

If you ever come across Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac, you have to try it, I'm sure you'd love it.

SOTD: 01/29/2023

1675012978493.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander (Stainless Steel)
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Chisel & Hound Molten Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Soap: Shaving Shop Club Mimosa & Melon Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Bottomless Mimosas Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Grapefruit Cognac Extrait

I really wanted Sunday Brunch but it was not to be - so my shave made up for it! Sweet smoothness with some citrus and booze. Great way to start a Sunday.

On the real food part - Aidan and I did have French Toast with the Pappy & Co Bourbon Barreled Maple Syrup as well as Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee - so win there. Though nothing beats Dutch’s Daughter which is actually within walking distance - they have the Best. Bruch. Ever. Known for several things such as their Maryland Crab dip and their Prime Rib Au Jus……..plus the top notch ambience - especially this time of year getting a table next to one of the many fireplaces…

1675013269159.jpeg1675013390530.png

But some other Sunday. But here’s the menu to dream about…today is river walk day! Have a fantastic day my friends!

SOTD: 01/29/2023

View attachment 103756

Razor: Karve Overlander (Stainless Steel)
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Chisel & Hound Molten Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Soap: Shaving Shop Club Mimosa & Melon Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Bottomless Mimosas Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Grapefruit Cognac Extrait

I really wanted Sunday Brunch but it was not to be - so my shave made up for it! Sweet smoothness with some citrus and booze. Great way to start a Sunday.

On the real food part - Aidan and I did have French Toast with the Pappy & Co Bourbon Barreled Maple Syrup as well as Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee - so win there. Though nothing beats Dutch’s Daughter which is actually within walking distance - they have the Best. Bruch. Ever. Known for several things such as their Maryland Crab dip and their Prime Rib Au Jus……..plus the top notch ambience - especially this time of year getting a table next to one of the many fireplaces…

View attachment 103757View attachment 103759

But some other Sunday. But here’s the menu to dream about…today is river walk day! Have a fantastic day my friends!
Fancy!

SOTD: 01/30/2023

1675089705167.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: AP Shave Co Semi-Transparent Yellow
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Proraso Red Cream
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Eau de Thé Croap
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Eau de Thé Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Fragrance: Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord EdT

Felt like hot tea this morning - so went with the appropriate shave. It is definitely a tea day - brisk but not freezing…..a little dampness in the air - but skies are clear. You know the feeling. Catie’s Bubbles has a winner here (oh, and thank goodness Aidan now how the CBL Orange Creamsicle - thanks @Fenster -because he’s about done with the Caties Bubbles Saturday Morning soap. Can’t believe he’s going to 3017 two soaps before I do any).

Not much to report…..I can’t believe I’m going to be rooting for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl - but the Eagles are the one team from the greatest city on earth that I cannot stand. C’est la vie - sports are still entertaining, but why can’t we get up for the next opera coming up, or hyped for some art gallery exhibit? Or better yet- praise some teacher for getting a kid to understand a concept that will make them the next Edison. That would be cool too.

Now onto first world problems. Rockwell is releasing a Stainless Steel Adjustable - but man - that price tag is equal to CNC machined adjustables - and this is injection molded. The debate in my head continues. There is also an old school razor that I have my eye on -but Jack going to school is cramping my hobby. Ok, I take back what i said in the previous paragraph - education is overrated. I didn’t pay attention in school as much as I should - and I was a Bingo King once on the TSC. So kids if you don’t try hard and you put just enough effort in to slide by - you too could be playing for bingo victories as well. Life lesson in there.

Have a fantastic day my friends!

Not much to report…..I can’t believe I’m going to be rooting for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl - but the Eagles are the one team from the greatest city on earth that I cannot stand. C’est la vie - sports are still entertaining, but why can’t we get up for the next opera coming up, or hyped for some art gallery exhibit? Or better yet- praise some teacher for getting a kid to understand a concept that will make them the next Edison. That would be cool too.

Now onto first world problems. Rockwell is releasing a Stainless Steel Adjustable - but man - that price tag is equal to CNC machined adjustables - and this is injection molded. The debate in my head continues. There is also an old school razor that I have my eye on -but Jack going to school is cramping my hobby. Ok, I take back what i said in the previous paragraph - education is overrated. I didn’t pay attention in school as much as I should - and I was a Bingo King once on the TSC. So kids if you don’t try hard and you put just enough effort in to slide by - you too could be playing for bingo victories as well. Life lesson in there.

Have a fantastic day my friends!
giphy.gif

Have a great day my friend! 😁

Yea…darn 49ers got obliterated. Don’t think I was expecting it to be that bad.

Still acting boss at work for this week?

Yea…darn 49ers got obliterated. Don’t think I was expecting it to be that bad.

Still acting boss at work for this week?
It was a bummer with your QB situation - but hey - all things considering - making the Championship game isn’t too shabby!

Luckily the boss lady has returned - and she’s happy with the way last week went - so starting the week on a positive note!

Ok, I take back what i said in the previous paragraph - education is overrated. I didn’t pay attention in school as much as I should - and I was a Bingo King once on the TSC. So kids if you don’t try hard and you put just enough effort in to slide by - you too could be playing for bingo victories as well. Life lesson in there.
It's good that you keep things in perspective, Brian. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back