The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was indeed looking good until I said that! I used to think I'd love to do a video of my shave someday, but now I'm not so sure.
I broke down and made a shave video a couple months ago. There were a couple weepers near the end.

SOTD: 01/20/2023

1674243120056.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Puck
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Dolce & Gabbana The One EdP

D&G The One Shave Day - @GearNoir set the standard this morning! I do have to say - I love this scent - but with a grapefruit top note- how could I not?

I spent my time complaining about training - and now work karma has hit - I‘ve been assigned to complete a new subcontract- can I go back to training instead? I mean - I think it is a rule that all finance software has to suck and drive you insane. Maybe it’s a law even. 😂

Have a great start to your weekend!

If only 😂. -but then I’d have to write a statement of work for that subcontract - it’s a never ending loop!
I can relate … I am now assigned project management and situational leadership to get up to speed on. This is in addition to about 6 very large, high profile projects I am actively engaged in. Then there is break-fix and keeping the lights on tasks. Oh … and I get to work on goals and professional development too. Damn … no one gets out of here alive :cool:

SOTD: 01/22/2023

1674410285337.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander (Brass-Rhodium)
Blade: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Strangelet, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Soap: Alien Shave Solar Cola Puck
Aftershave: Alien Shave Solar Cola Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme EdP

Caffeine based shave with cola soap & AS and a coffee note in the cologne. Smile inducing - shave…..the scent of the soap & AS are along the lines of an RC Cola…..I have to say - I own quite a few cola based scented soaps - Wickhams, Apex Alchemy, Ellys, Gingers Garden, The Sudsy Soapery and all do fantastic when it comes to the scent . For me, this one has great scent - and decent - but not great performance - but that’s what pre-shaves are for. I love the Wagner handle that I’ve used to replace the standard for the Karve Overlander - and RE did a great job with putting on a Rhodium finish.

We may do some football watching today - we got up too late to hit the slopes - so we’ll go for a walk instead.

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends!

SOTD: 01/23/2023

1674513549377.jpeg

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Bergamotto Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Bergamotto Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Dunhill Amalfi Citrus EdT

Dragonsbeard has done it again - another fantastic soap and AS. And citrus galore! Finished off with some new Dunhill Amalfi Citrus - it’s strong enough for at least inside the house - and goes really well with the soap & AS.

I know this is first world problems - but man - I’ve not had that much luck with shipping products as of late. A razor was lost in the ether, I received another package today but with the wrong item (same type but wrong sku)…..a third was shipped not only across my state - having to drive past my town - but is now on the Eastern Shore…….Geez Louise! Shipping Calgon - Take me away!

Other than that - it’s been a busy night - got a text last night from my customer ——— at 23:00 - getting a text that says Hey - it’s never a good “Hey” 😂 So three hours later were able to identify the cause of the problem but couldn’t get ahold of anyone to fix the problem. That group was in training again today - so we spent the day putting a workaround in place. but the customer is happy - or at least not angry - so I’ll take it.

But to pick up the day - Aidan had a fantastic session at music therapy - so I’ll take that any day of the week!

Have a great evening everhone!

giphy.gif

SOTD: 01/24/2023

1674579309439.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Champagne Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Champagne Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Fragrance: Creed Tabarome Millésime EdP

I was debating to use the Rocnel Sailor for this shave to make it the most expensive shave ever for me 😂 - but decided to use the Aristocrat and make it classy, times gone by kind of shave. I do like this scent of the AS - I don’t get the feeling of a straight up flute of champagne - but rather envision a cocktail with it (though not punch in the face boozy)……very nice sandalwood and tobacco in the background that compliments everything and evokes a bit of decadence from the Roarin’ 20’s - and to me - I love that 1920’s - 1950’s vibe for anything.

The Tabarome (with a tip of the cap to @HMan - because it was a blind buy…..hey, play big or go home 😂)…….is one of the most unique frags I have- I have literally never smelled anything like it. It has a nice top hit of Tangerine and Bergamot at the top, smoothed out in the middle with some ginger, and leveled off at the bottom with a tobacco, sandalwood, leather, and ambergris. I have heard it described as a posh man walking the halls of the House of Lords. It is more upscale - and the tobacco is a nice addition (along the lines of D&G Pour Homme)……there is a leather note - not overpowering at all - similar in scent to CH Men Prive).

I’m the acting chief this week - woo hoo - you get a raise, I get a raise…….wait what? We still have to have meetings and I’m powerless to stop them?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back