The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
trust me - it still is a masculine scent.
giphy-downsized.gif

I just got the Karve Wagner handle revamped - it’s brass but now - like the brass Overlander Head - has a Rhodium finish - so it looks like it is Stainless Steel - I love the work that they did. Looks fantastic. Handle is very unique.
I was checking that out. Handsome, very intricate, and it looks like it'd be easy to keep a good grip on it. (y)

SOTD: 01/14/2023

1673717398271.jpeg

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Fragrance: Naughton and Wilson Chypre Fulminare EdP

Le Grand Chypre is my favorite scent in all of wetshaving - to me- just the perfect scent. Unfortunately B&M hasn’t made the cologne in quite a while and doesn’t look to based on his release schedule. N&W Chypre Fulminare does compliment it well - but where LGC is a lighter Chypre, CF is all in and deeper.

I have to say, while my Rocnel Sailor is my favorite razor, this Blutt is the best DE shaver I have - it is just efficient and smooth as silk - Zero blade chatter and all around comfortable shave. Really enjoyed starting my day like this.

If you haven’t checked out the Gold Dollar modifications yet - you really should - our three guys did a fantastic job on the mods and the money is going to a good place…..

On an exciting front - Jack has been finally convinced that getting a higher degree will help him in the long run - he’s signed up already for a programming certification course and we’ve visited and are enrolling him for community college for the summer. Very excited - he’s such a talented and bright kid - just needs some nudging sometimes.

Aidan and I have a STEAM project today and of course will do our weekend walk along the river.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

SOTD: 01/15/2023

1673801134652.jpeg

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern Puck
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Naughton and Wilson Gravitas Pour Homme EdP

Went Fougére all the way today - nice fresh feel for a chilly Sunday. The Sheffield is a really nice razor and easy to wield. N&W Gravitas was a nice old school finish.

Hopefully a chill Sunday - like Sam - I have to fold laundry by my day will be sans concert.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

SOTD: 01/17/2023

1673986032091.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen St Balm
Fragrance: Maison Margiela Jazz Club EdT

Feels like I’m back in college at my favorite secret hideaway - a blues club called Zanzibar Blue. This is from our very own Dragonsbeard - a take on Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club - my favorite cologne of all time. Ol‘ Dragon did it right- spot on - fantastic shave experience! Well done and bravo! What’s not to like - Lemon and Neroli at the top…..boozy rum in the middle…..and a very nice tobacco at the base. Doesn’t get any better than this. Well other than to dive head first in a pool full of Five Alive while sipping on your favorite whiskey listening to Guns-N-Roses do an homage to Frank Sinatra - that’s the only way it gets better.

I’m in training today- and I really don’t know how my peers get up in the morning or breath and get dressed at the same time…..I mean really It took 30 minutes to get everyone on the virtual machine training devices - and these are IT engineers…..OK, Breathe and take in the Jazz Club 😂

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back