The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/17/2023

View attachment 102827

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen St Balm
Fragrance: Maison Margiela Jazz Club EdT

Feels like I’m back in college at my favorite secret hideaway - a blues club called Zanzibar Blue. This is from our very own Dragonsbeard - a take on Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club - my favorite cologne of all time. Ol‘ Dragon did it right- spot on - fantastic shave experience! Well done and bravo! What’s not to like - Lemon and Neroli at the top…..boozy rum in the middle…..and a very nice tobacco at the base. Doesn’t get any better than this. Well other than to dive head first in a pool full of Haggis, while sipping on your favorite Scotch listening to Pink Floyd ( The Greatest Band in the known Universe ) do an homage to Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra- that’s the only way it gets better.

I’m in training today- and I really don’t know how my peers get up in the morning or breath and get dressed at the same time…..I mean really It took 30 minutes to get everyone on the virtual machine training devices - and these are IT engineers…..OK, Breathe and take in the Jazz Club 😂

Have a fantastic day everyone!
FTFY...

This morning, I had a "thought" while shaving that resulted in a cut and a nick. What happened. I had the razor down at the chin and suddenly opened my mouth to say "Ahhh, looks good. " Well, it was indeed looking good until I said that! I used to think I'd love to do a video of my shave someday, but now I'm not so sure.

This morning, I had a "thought" while shaving that resulted in a cut and a nick. What happened. I had the razor down at the chin and suddenly opened my mouth to say "Ahhh, looks good. " Well, it was indeed looking good until I said that! I used to think I'd love to do a video of my shave someday, but now I'm not so sure.
Everyone loves a bloody horror shave - don’t underestimate the crowd if you filmed it 😂

SOTD: 01/18/2023

1674050372052.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Chanel Bleu de Chanel Extrait

This shave was not sublime - it was above lime - in fact - I don’t know why I mentioned limes at all - this has bergamot and grapefruit. And also has two other notes that I love - lavender and not mentioned on the label a tea note. Just fantastic way to start the day. And finished it off with BdC Parfum - glad I picked this up - it is just as they say - nice rounded edges.

Off to day 2 of training today. I’m out of whiskey for my coffee. We’ll see how it goes.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Red, white, and blue. Red, white, and blue. Red, white, and blue. GREEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back