The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/10/2023

1673363950372.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Chisel & Hound Molten Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Stirling Soap Dunshire Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Dunshire Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Absolu EdT

A tribute to Acqua di Gio. I do have the original EdT and the new EdP, but the Absolu is my favorite of the bunch - and has enough of the DNA from the original to go with the shave. Also took out my favorite razor for a spin - been a while - and as always - dig it. New brush - have a few from Chisel and Hound - I like their badger fan knot.

Busy day at work - nothing like getting audited and taking screenshots all day 😂 Oh well, it pays the bills.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
SOTD: 01/11/2023

1673473390924.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 3rd use
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Space Odyssey Puck
Aftershave: First Line Shaves Space Odyssey Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion

Great shave today! The soap / AS are based off of Versace Eros - but the Eros Flame bottle looked so much cooler as part of the picture - and it is close enough in scent. I’m glad I picked up the Eros Flame- I love the Eros EdP - the Flame has the same DNA - but basically switches out the green apple for orange and doesn’t have the mint note.

I also love the label - because as astrophysics completely amazes me - it reminds me that all of us on this blue planet are made of stars. Pretty neat if you think about it. All the matter from earth (and the universe) are made from exploded/expired stars. Food for thought.

The razor is another cool one from Poland (different company than my Stando Polska) - but another great Stainless Steel buy. This one is also “adjustable” by switching sides - one is an “open comb” - I put in quotes because it is Called open comb - but as you can see from the picture - it is not completely open - but it does shave as efficiently as one - and the other side is a straight safety bar. Very smooth and efficient shaver.

Almost done with the audit stuff - I swear I feel like I’m back in school - I keep having to tell my engineers - read the question and only the question - if it asks for X - don’t overthink and put x, y, and z. But other than that - should be done by tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

I keep having to tell my engineers - read the question and only the question - if it asks for X - don’t overthink and put x, y, and z.
Funny, we tell the staff the same thing about answering questions from surveyors. Answer only what they ask, and if they sit there looking at you waiting for you to say more, just embrace the awkwardness.

Great setup Brian! Glad the audits are nearly done! Hopefully your department doesn’t have one of those guys that talks too much…
98B4EB1E-EB90-46E3-892D-BBD44C9E1C39.gif

I feel like I’m back in school - I keep having to tell my engineers - read the question and only the question - if it asks for X - don’t overthink and put x, y, and z.
That's what nursing instructors drummed into our heads as we were getting ready to graduate and take state licensure boards. Two days of sitting at a table with the booklet, answer sheet, and No. 2 pencils. Then wait 5-6 weeks to learn if you passed or not. Now it's all over in day or so, after results are validated.

That's what nursing instructors drummed into our heads as we were getting ready to graduate and take state licensure boards. Two days of sitting at a table with the booklet, answer sheet, and No. 2 pencils. Then wait 5-6 weeks to learn if you passed or not. Now it's all over in day or so, after results are validated.
You Hate to criticize thinking - but overthinking it can get really bad

SOTD: 01/13/2023

1673640965034.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander - Wagner Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: AKA Brushworx Bubblelicious
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Executive Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Executive Man Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Hydration Potion
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Poseidon’s Cotton Candy Extrait

Executive Man was the very first Stirling Soap I purchases (actually first artisan soap) and still holds a place in my heart. I added to Poseidon’s Cotton Candy - it’s Dua’s homage/dupe to Creed Aventus mixed in with their cotton candy in house frag - and it is fantastic - the sugary notes calm that birchiness….pretty good job - trust me - it still is a masculine scent.

I just got the Karve Wagner handle revamped - it’s brass but now - like the brass Overlander Head - has a Rhodium finish - so it looks like it is Stainless Steel - I love the work that they did. Looks fantastic. Handle is very unique.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back