The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/06/2023

1673057517350.jpeg

Razor: J.A. Henckels Friodur Inox
Brush: AP Shave Co Semi-Transparent Yellow
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic Puck
Aftershave: Floïd Caja Negro Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue

Shaving with one of my gifts from @MarkB - a wonderfully honed JA Henckels - absolutely love how this shaved - smooth as silk - really like the spine on this one. Brush is new as well - got it just because I didn’t have a really bright yellow brush. No cologne today as I received a couple in the mail and wanted to smell them on skin. Too bad my Naughton & Wilson frags aren’t here - would probably go with the soap and/or AS.

Aidan is almost on his way of 3017ing another soap - this one Catie’s Bubbles Saturday morning. He was with his mom after Christmas - I just got him back and he was scruffy. His razor is smooth to protect him and his somewhat diminished hand coordination - so we had to do a few more passes than normal - but got through it - and he’s man enough to admit he loves a bath bomb shower/bath right afterwards lol. So good to have him back. Not sure what we are going to do this weekend - but we’ll find something. Maybe we’ll get lucky and it will snow so we can take out his new snow tube he received on Christmas.

Have a great evening!

SOTD: 01/07/2023

1673103719140.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Suomi Handle
Blade: Willy’s Premium, 5th use
Brush: Yingling Shaveworks Papaya
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: 345 Soap Company Fresh Cut Face Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company Fresh Cut Fade Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Lalique Pour Homme EdP

Felt like going with a modern barbershop today - 345 did a good job on this - little sweeter than most - definitely get the powder/talc. The Lalique compliments the scents well - like a modern Eau Sauvage.

Stando Polska is under appreciated for the quality razors they produce - especially for the price they do it - stainless steel no less. This razor is actually “adjustable” one side is mild, the other more aggressive. Pretty efficient in that you just have to switch sides instead of flipping the baseplate.

Well - it isn’t gong to get cold enough to snow and go tubing……so maybe next week will go up to Sugarloaf Mountain and play in the fake snow/ice. In the meantime - I think this weekend Aidan needs a haircut and we’ll definitely go to the river walk.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Excellent shave! I don’t think I realized the Stando was one of those different-sided razors! How many time have you forgotten not to flip the razor? 😂

SOTD: 01/08/2023

1673200547090.jpeg

Razor: J.A. Henckels Friodur Inox
Brush: Chisel & Hound 3056RC IPA Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: First Canadian Shave Notorious Puck
Aftershave: Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black EdT

This is a freshie scent - even with the coffee note believe it or not. This was the first frag I bought once I started in the wetshaving hobby. Somewhere between my days in the Army and going to “adulthood” I switched to Axe or one of the other spray types. So I bought a cheap knock-off on Amazon for $7 - really liked it - pulled the trigger on the real thing on eBay - the seller accidentally sent me the aftershave instead of the cologne - so he gave it to me - used the money to buy the real stuff. After that - it has been mostly blind buys - what can I say. First Canadian Shave is a good soap and did a good job with this one.

Hopefully will be able to enjoy a beer if the Steelers win - if they do - their head coach will have gone 15 years straight without a losing season - which will be an NFL record. We’ll see if they make the playoffs - need a miracle with that one.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back