The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/28/2022

1672248024776.jpeg

Razor: Unknown Vintage Kamisori
Brush: Chisel & Hound Backdraft Fanchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Revolution Puck
Aftershave: Alexandria Fragrance Zion Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Quinn’s Witch Hazel Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Calvin Klein CK One Shock Street Edition EdT

New experience today - first time using a straight razor Kamisori. I do have a Feather Kamisori - but that is a totally different experience. This was challenging as the edge is really only on the one side - which makes it awkward doing one side of your face. But glad I got this - and new experiences are good for you!

Had to pull the soap from under the dust - great performer - a good but not great scent to me. Has a gunpowder note that reminds me of a time when I was a kid - not the cap guns - but one of those little cannons - with the powder. Man - kids these days missed out on all the good stuff.

Have a fantastic day my friends!

Last edited:
SOTD: 01/04/2023

1672873155408.jpeg

Razor: Stirling Soap HyperAggressive-Fort Worth Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Cella Extra Extra Bio Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Calvin Klein Eternity For Men EdP

Well - I had 5 days of growth and I can’t remember the last time that happened. Long story short - I was waiting for this razor and it got delayed - but since it was made for these types of scenarios - well good shave. I have to say I was really intimidated by this - I haven’t purchased the Muhle Rocca (with the birch handle) or the R41 for concern over the aggressiveness - I have lots of efficient razors with large blade gaps and blade exposure - but they are all smooth - I don’t like blade feel. It’s weird - because even with straight razor shaving - I don’t think any are uncomfortable. But I have to give it to Rod and his wonderful customer service at Stirling - basically told me - hey - if you enjoy straight razors - this is no different. And I fully agree - this is the DE version of a straight razor. You have to give it respect and make sure you have the right blade angle - but other than that - a very comfortable shave - really two passes and a little clean-up in the normal areas - I could’ve gotten away with one pass to be honest - it would have been acceptable to go into work with that - great razor -and it looks beautiful - and stainless steel.

Now this is also a first for the soap - I have to admit - no issues getting a lather - didn’t have to work any more with this than most pucks, pleasant smell and great performance - so yay on that. Followed up with the Cella Green AS - really love this scent - citrus forward - goes with just about anything. And like my cologne - this post is taking an Eternity 😂

Signed Aidan up for the Polar Plunge - going to jump into the Chesapeake Bay in February. Raising money for the Special Olympics so should be fun.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back