The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/24/2022

1671907042999.jpeg

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 5th use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Night Before Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Night Before Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Candy Cane Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Jaguar Classic Red EdT

Fantastic shave on the most famous Eve. Pulled out the Jaguar today to wrap it up. Today nothing but chill hopefully - Holiday movies, folding some laundry, and wrapping presents.

Started the day out with some of my new toys from @MarkB - while wearing my Surf Shirt from @GearNoir - hanging 10 and drinking coffee! This bourbon barrel aged coffee is mad crazy good!

1671907240024.jpeg

Have a safe and happy night tonight!

SOTD: 12/25/2022

1671975047865.jpeg

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Holly Sweet Spot Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: First Line Shave A Christmas Shave Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Arcadia Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Hermés Terre D’Hermés EdP

A Terre D’Hermés shave - you’ll sniff your nose out! The Sheffield razor was just fantastic - and I really dig the scales! And I have to say - I really love the scent of the preshave - one of the spoils from @MarkB.

The EdP is one of my favs - but for some reason my nose itches with the vetiver which is a note that I like - so I have to go gently on the sprays 😂

1671975405708.gif

Well I thought the benefit of having all your kids above the age of 17 was that this holiday was a sleep in holiday - but today Aidan had other plans. My other kids held true at least - probably won’t be up before 10.

Have a very happy day today everyone! Please be safe if you are traveling and stay warm!

If there’s one day a year it’s OK to be woken up obnoxiously way to early…I guess it’d be today!

A Merry Christmas to you and the fam!

So Christmas Story/shave soap is TDH inspired? Love the idea!

If there’s one day a year it’s OK to be woken up obnoxiously way to early…I guess it’d be today!

A Merry Christmas to you and the fam!

So Christmas Story/shave soap is TDH inspired? Love the idea!
Merry Christmas my friend!

And yes sir soap is TdH all the way!

SOTD: 12/26/2022

1672084786959.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Executive (Rhodium)
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: REX Supply Co 1955 Puck
Aftershave: Vitos Citric Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum

I feel like I should be in an episode of Mad Men.

1672084833785.gif

Well Don- I’ve got this new 1955 shave soap that brings me back to a simpler time. Using a razor from that era, and finished with a cologne that is 1955 but double strength. ‘Nuf said.

Day spent playing with Aidan’s new chemistry set - seeing the different color flames that we could create. Now off for a nice walk along the river. Hope everyone‘s day is going well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back