The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see what good things the West Coast is known for....

I think our victory is complete. (and I didn't even pull out the California Girls gifs........because I don't want you "east coasters" to cry....the girls are just so hot)
Is that Encyclopedia Britannica, circa 1980?

And just to stay engaged, The Republic of Texas claims the Third coast.

Lets see what good things the West Coast is known for....

I think our victory is complete. (and I didn't even pull out the California Girls gifs........because I don't want you "east coasters" to cry....the girls are just so hot)
Sorry I had missed this post earlier - I was way too busy getting things done 3 hours earlier….

1668011662520.gif 1668011673988.gif

I was way too busy getting things done 3 hours earlier….
Your relative position on the planet doesn't make you orbitally superior. You operate under the misguided notion that you are before us.....the international date line and the Greenwich Mean line are arbitrary points on a sphere (although the name Greenwich does imply its exact locale.....it could have been the Santa Monica Mean line....but you get what I'm saying.). Move either of those lines and the east coast could be behind the West Coast, time-wise in this instance, but regardless of what time it is where I grew up......the east coast is ALWAYS behind the West Coast.

Your relative position on the planet doesn't make you orbitally superior. You operate under the misguided notion that you are before us.....the international date line and the Greenwich Mean line are arbitrary points on a sphere (although the name Greenwich does imply its exact locale.....it could have been the Santa Monica Mean line....but you get what I'm saying.). Move either of those lines and the east coast could be behind the West Coast, time-wise in this instance, but regardless of what time it is where I grew up......the east coast is ALWAYS behind the West Coast.

We can all agree that we love Las Vegas, Hesperia, San Francisco, Santa Barbara rock and that it is Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Any other ideas are just crazy talk!

1668014739177.gif

Last edited:
SOTD: 11/10/2022

1668093455692.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Ranger Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Puck
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana The One EdP

Homage to Dolce & Gabbana The One today. Arsenal Grooming is a soap maker out of Michigan - fine performance and very close to the actual cologne. This is the first shave with the Ranger Tech - I think this puppy would give the Rockwell 6C on the 1 Plate a run for its money on smoothest shave. I wouldn’t recommend this for thicker beards - but overall - did a great job for today’s noggin shave.

Found out today that Aidan is a recipient for a year pass for the Maryland Science Center Which is really cool. They also have relationships with similar centers throughout the country - so as long as it is outside a 90 mile radius - the pass is recognized.

Have a great day everyone!

Found out today that Aidan is a recipient for a year pass for the Maryland Science Center Which is really cool. They also have relationships with similar centers throughout the country - so as long as it is outside a 90 mile radius - the pass is recognized.
That's great!!!! So glad for Aidan! 😁

Wait…the Ranger Tech…is a TTO?! 🤯

Great news on the science pass!
View attachment 97771
The Ranger Tech is indeed a non-adjustable TTO. Really cool and very, very mild. This is the 1946 version which seems to be less prevalent on eBay…..The other version is 1941. The only real difference is the 1941 doesn’t have end caps on the head - other wise - they are the same. The 1946-and 47 Super Speed (which is easier to find) looks a lot like the 1946 Ranger Tech - the only difference is that it has a notch for using a dispenser.

I picked this one up for a steal - just had to do a little cleaning and polishing. I chose the Ranger Tech just because I thought it had a cool name and reminded me of the US Army Rangers - since it was made just after WWII 😂

SOTD: 11/11/2022

1668173223752.jpeg

Razor: Hackett Walther Gates Hardware Co. True Blue
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: 345 Soap Company General Patton Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company General Patton Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EdT

Thank you for your service Vets!

Is Carnegie Science Center on the list? It's right next to the ballparks, and there's a 1950s - era submarine to go aboard, too. Way cool stuff for you and your sons to enjoy when you come to town to see baseball's best ballpark. That's our claim to fame: the team sucks, but the ballpark is excellent. 🙁

Is Carnegie Science Center on the list? It's right next to the ballparks, and there's a 1950s - era submarine to go aboard, too. Way cool stuff for you and your sons to enjoy when you come to town to see baseball's best ballpark. That's our claim to fame: the team sucks, but the ballpark is excellent. 🙁
It is indeed! I need to make a concerted effort for a family trip this summer - we had planned last year but then Jack got a new job so that put that on hold. But this year - we’ll come up and see you.

1668269112806.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back