The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what every Golden Knight fan thinks of you fawning over the team with the freakish mascot...

I have to say that Gritty was not a proud moment in Philadelphia (or Pennsylvania) history……there are some things that should not be changed…Pats King of Steaks is the defacto best cheesesteak, The Rocky Statue is on the Philadelphia Museum Grounds, You don’t travel to Fairmont Park after dark, You pronounce H2O as wadder…..The Steelers do not have cheerleaders, Penn State uniforms are simple blue and white and no names…and the Flyers did not have a mascot.……

.and then they brought in what can only be described as an inbred cousin to the Muppet Animal, who has, to say the least, done a significant amount of mushrooms with the hookah smoking caterpillar.

Last edited:
I have to say that Gritty was not a proud moment in Philadelphia (or Pennsylvania) history……there are some things that should not be changed…Pats King of Steaks is the defacto best cheesesteak, The Rocky Statue is on the Philadelphia Museum Grounds, You don’t travel to Fairmont Park after dark, You pronounce H2O as wadder…..The Steelers do not have cheerleaders, Penn State uniforms are simple blue and white and no names…and the Flyers did not have a mascot.……

.and then they brought in what can only be described as an inbred cousin to the Muppet Animal, who has, to say the least, done a significant amount of mushrooms with the hookah smoking caterpillar.
And there in lies the problem
Geno’s, Campos are the best🤪🤪

Imagine how confused I was when, as a Dodgers fan, this is what was being introduced as a mascot for a hockey team I didn't care about....

View attachment 98320

...At least ours could play third base.
The decorum and dress code of baseball is disgusting now. It used to be a gentlemens game, where the players cared about how they looked , the uniform decorum, stirrups and hygiene. Now….. Hobos who hit a ball.

The decorum and dress code of baseball is disgusting now. It used to be a gentlemens game, where the players cared about how they looked , the uniform decorum, stirrups and hygiene. Now….. Hobos who hit a ball.
Ironically, the Evil Empire, the Yankees, still have a dress code which includes haircuts and no facial hair other than a mustache ……I so badly want to go to a baseball game with some clippers

Ironically, the Evil Empire, the Yankees, still have a dress code which includes haircuts and no facial hair other than a mustache ……I so badly want to go to a baseball game with some clippers
Haha as a barber and baseball fan that remembers the day of “clean cut” baseball, I too want to sneak into a game and go tonsorial crazy LOL

Rollie Fingers ruined it for everyone.

I think Jason Werth started the current “Mountain Man“ trend (though I think there were some Boston players that were raggedy as well)…….But before he went full Rip Van Winkle - Phillies traded him to the Nationals where he took it to another level. Then there was Charlie Blackmon from the Colorado Rockies that couldn’t be outdone. Then everything spiraled out of control……..The Phils Center Fielder Brandon Marsh is just as bad - you know it‘s bad when Jeremiah Johnson would be considered clean-cut next to you.

1668789999958.png 1668789929999.png1668790058222.png

Last edited:
When Jason played for the minor league team here in Vegas, we called him Jason Werth-less. And he started that mangy beard look when he was here. So you're welcome world.

SOTD: 11/19/2022

1668862038984.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Chisel & Hound Backdraft Fanchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Enigma Machine Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Enigma Machine Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Gusto Balm

Hang 10 Baby! Soap and AS are a tribute to the surf board wax. Back then I used both Sex and Bubble Gum Wax - whatever was on sale at the surf shop - but I was informed by some of my California born troops (my surfing days were when I was in the Army)….that this was an egregious faux pas by using these interchangeably - kinda like eating a Geno’s Cheesesteak when we all know Pat’s is the true King of Steaks - that’s settled cheesesteak law)…..sorry, got sidetracked. Well I have to admit that- when it came to board waxes - I sometimes chose based on scent.

Well this is a spot on homage - very nice. The only problem is that I don’t have a cologne that I think would blend in well - I don’t have any colognes with Strawberry - maybe I should run over to Imaginary Authors - and get their Cape Heartache- would be at least part of the theme - because I turfed into the seabed many a time.

Some of my favorite quotes from two of my favorite surf movies……

1668862794893.jpeg

1668862710763.gif

Anyway- I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend - we’re off to Dunkin’ well…just because!

Last edited:
SOTD: 11/21/2022

1669045009715.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Shave Chaser Puck
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Ralph Lauren Polo Green EdC

I have to admit - I don’t recall ever using Skin Bracer - not even in my youth - but I can say….

1669045108620.gif

And since I bought a vintage Skin Bracer AS - I can definitively say that the soap is a really good homage……really enjoyed the shave. I put on some Polo Green. Now this is a new bottle - and I haven’t worn this since college - but while the juice does bring back good memories - I remember it differently - I am sure that this version is not as potent and definitely reformulated - but all in all - again -Not bad at all (though I picture me saying this with a British accent and having the second syllable enunciated - but I can’t find that abbreviation - but you get the gist.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

SOTD: 11/21/2022

View attachment 98585

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Shave Chaser Puck
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Ralph Lauren Polo Green EdC

I have to admit - I don’t recall ever using Skin Bracer - not even in my youth - but I can say….

View attachment 98588

And since I bought a vintage Skin Bracer AS - I can definitively say that the soap is a really good homage……really enjoyed the shave. I put on some Polo Green. Now this is a new bottle - and I haven’t worn this since college - but while the juice does bring back good memories - I remember it differently - I am sure that this version is not as potent and definitely reformulated - but all in all - again -Not bad at all (though I picture me saying this with a British accent and having the second syllable enunciated - but I can’t find that abbreviation - but you get the gist.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Love that soap / AS combo. I have to force myself to not reach for it more often and give my other soaps a chance. LOL! I went as far as to get a bottle of the Shave Chaser EdP for that all-day experience. 😁

Have a great one brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back