The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 11/01/2022
1667356943519.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Toggle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Black Label Puck
Aftershave: H.Zone Essential Man 1930 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Cartier Roadster Sport

The shave soap is the first of Pasteurs acquisitions of Timmermann - really surprised at how I love the scent - based on the notes - I was unsure - but really worked out. Toggle is a neat razor to shave with, I wouldn’t saw it is as smooth as the Fatboy, Executive, or President - but nice piece of history. Finished off with nice classic scents with the AS and Cologne.

Aidan, Jack, and I are nervously sweating out Game 3 of the World Series - but our side has been exciting so far. Here’s to finishing strong!

SOTD: 11/02/2022

1667430260723.jpeg

Razor: Wester Bros Attaboy
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Soap: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Aftershave
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Well today‘s shave was not so kind to me today…..I look like a cross between Inigo Montoya and the Kevin Spacey character in swimming with sharks.

1667430353356.gif1667430413566.gif

The point on this razor is, to say the least, unforgiving. Luckily I was going slowly, and the razor is not bent, but for some reason I really got myself with the edge. Well so it goes……Still loved the scent and if this were 1780 or so - I’ve bled out all the bad humors 😂

Watching the Phillies play tonight. Fingers crossed for a good game and hopefully a repeat of last night with the Phillies hitting and pitching.

Have a great evening!

View attachment 97211

Well today‘s shave was not so kind to me today…..I look like a cross between Inigo Montoya and the Kevin Spacey character in swimming with sharks.

View attachment 97212View attachment 97213

The point on this razor is, to say the least, unforgiving. Luckily I was going slowly, and the razor is not bent, but for some reason I really got myself with the edge. Well so it goes……Still loved the scent and if this were 1780 or so - I’ve bled out all the bad humors 😂

Watching the Phillies play tonight. Fingers crossed for a good game and hopefully a repeat of last night with the Phillies hitting and pitching.

Have a great evening!
Ouch.

But not as painful as watching the Astro’s starting pitcher tip his pitches.

Unless you’re a Phillies fan, than it was hilarious.

Seems the soap choice was appropriate as well! 😂

Bummer though about the cut(s)! Never can get too relaxed about things in the open blade hobby 😵

View attachment 97211

View attachment 97212View attachment 97213

Have a great evening!
I’ve been known to just rub those stabby points on the mirror.

Unfortunately I don’t always remember which ones I muted

Clever how you've distracted us with talk and gifs of cuts. However, I see a definite faux pas here: what's a White mug doing in this setup? It's not a match for any color I can see. Were you trying to slip this past us, Brian?
I need to buy a Purple Mug - just for this shave.

SOTD: 11/04/2022

1667575446901.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Pistachio Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Pistachio Aftershave
Additional Care: Guerlain L’Homme Ideal EdT

Happy Friday everyone. New shave soap - definitely a unique scent. Pleasant, but unless you like pistachios - not a must have. But nice to have something unique. Love Guerlain the brand and L’Homme Ideal EdT is one of my favs. Nice lime note with an almond undertone.

Well, game 5 of the World Series was absolutely exciting - but my Phils ended up on the wrong end of it - but still happy that they took it to 9. Here’s to them being the underdogs again and taking it in 7!

I’m hoping the weather is fantastic this weekend like it is today - because tomorrow Aidan and I are going to walk in a STEM parade in our hometown. I think it will be exciting and so stoked that the community has things such as these. At the end there are supposed to be lots of activities. And it is partially sponsored by our Army command - the last one I served in before I got out - so thought that was neat their community involvement.

Have a fantastic day my friends!

Last edited:
SOTD: 11/01/2022
View attachment 97124

Razor: Gillette Toggle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Black Label Puck
Aftershave: H.Zone Essential Man 1930 Aftershave
Additional Care: Cartier Roadster Sport

The shave soap is the first of Pasteurs acquisitions of Timmermann - really surprised at how I love the scent - based on the notes - I was unsure - but really worked out. Toggle is a neat razor to shave with, I wouldn’t saw it is as smooth as the Fatboy, Executive, or President - but nice piece of history. Finished off with nice classic scents with the AS and Cologne.

Aidan, Jack, and I are nervously sweating out Game 3 of the World Series - but our side has been exciting so far. Here’s to finishing strong!
fine shave and pic.:cool:the one thing that stopped me from acquiring a toggle.no brit version,.;)

SOTD: 11/05/2022

1667668028833.jpeg

Razor: Henry Martin Theo Kochs Full Hollow
Brush: Elite Razor Blueberries & Cream Manchurian Badger
Soap: Van Yulay Dress Blues Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Bleu de Chanel EdT

Just felt like a tribute to Bleu de Chanel today and it really hit the spot.

Aidan and I had a great morning - we did the Maryland Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Parade and at the end - they had a bunch of booths with STEM activities. I think though, his favorite was a group from Baltimore - who focused on teaching kids about riding motorcycles and then tying it Into STEM by teaching about combustion engines and the like. What Aidan thought was cool was that they were “popping wheelies” while going down the parade path 😂 Pretty neat. But everyone was so friendly and it was just a fun time all around! We learned about DNA, space robots, and even did a sugar scrub 😂 Our local library was represented.….And now Scouts has a branch of called STEM Scouts. I enjoyed Boy Scouts as a kid - but STEM scouts would have been the bees knees.

1667668450352.jpeg

1667668487993.jpeg

1667668596718.jpeg

1667668708966.jpeg

1667668762583.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back