The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 11/12/2022

1668289672562.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Azzaro Ginger Lover EdT

Well just a lazy, hazy day - too hot for fall - bring on the cold weather. But the one good thing about warm days - can break out the warmer weather scents! Can’t beat Ginger Ale on a day like today.

I haven’t watched any sports today -so I just sat down and started watching Army vs Troy. One thing I don’t understand - we have HD - 4k is prevalent, super slow mo - even on our phones - and we still can’t get a still or a slow motion replay to not be blurry when Army scores an obvious touchdown? And secondly - why isn’t Army number 1? Just asking…..😂

On the ‘Bay yesterday and there Is this straight I was interested - a Wade & Butcher that is circa 1845 that has been restored with some sweet, sweet scales. And I’m sure me and the probably 20 people that are watching know that there was 9 days on the bidding - so everyone’s being a gentlemen - lightly bidding because why go all in on D+9?

Well……woke up this morning - and the current bid is up 10 fold 🫢 - and I don’t mean we started for example at $1 and it is now $10 - I’m talking it is at some serious money and we still have 8 days. So I was thinking of posting on @Luecke3262 ’s thread about the one that got away.

But…….then I’m thinking - darn it Scuttle - that’s a defeatist attitude.…….we here at TSC are not quitters……..This is Sparta! So here’s the new game plan…..I am still working remote - so I’m going to sell the car, go to the bank on Monday, take a small loan, and you know - Aidan and I can get by on oatmeal and spaghetti (I went to college dammit - Ramen goes a long way)…….and we really don’t need electricity - we can hang out at the public library to charge our electronics.

I mean….

1668290421794.gif

Even George - Co - Stan- ZA agrees…..

1668290461723.gif

I’ll keep everyone up to date and I’ll let @NurseDave know if Aidan and I need to crash on his couch for a day or 365……

SOTD: 11/12/2022

View attachment 97943

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Soap: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Azzaro Ginger Lover EdT

Well just a lazy, hazy day - too hot for fall - bring on the cold weather. But the one good thing about warm days - can break out the warmer weather scents! Can’t beat Ginger Ale on a day like today.

I haven’t watched any sports today -so I just sat down and started watching Army vs Troy. One thing I don’t understand - we have HD - 4k is prevalent, super slow mo - even on our phones - and we still can’t get a still or a slow motion replay to not be blurry when Army scores an obvious touchdown? And secondly - why isn’t Army number 1? Just asking…..😂

On the ‘Bay yesterday and there Is this straight I was interested - a Wade & Butcher that is circa 1845 that has been restored with some sweet, sweet scales. And I’m sure me and the probably 20 people that are watching know that there was 9 days on the bidding - so everyone’s being a gentlemen - lightly bidding because why go all in on D+9?

Well……woke up this morning - and the current bid is up 10 fold 🫢 - and I don’t mean we started for example at $1 and it is now $10 - I’m talking it is at some serious money and we still have 8 days. So I was thinking of posting on @Luecke3262 ’s thread about the one that got away.

But…….then I’m thinking - darn it Scuttle - that’s a defeatist attitude.…….we here at TSC are not quitters……..This is Sparta! So here’s the new game plan…..I am still working remote - so I’m going to sell the car, go to the bank on Monday, take a small loan, and you know - Aidan and I can get by on oatmeal and spaghetti (I went to college dammit - Ramen goes a long way)…….and we really don’t need electricity - we can hang out at the public library to charge our electronics.

I mean….

View attachment 97944

Even George - Co - Stan- ZA agrees…..

View attachment 97945

I’ll keep everyone up to date and I’ll let @NurseDave know if Aidan and I need to crash on his couch for a day or 365……
Wow… that piece must have some incredible capacity to cut facial hair but will never out-look your Rocnel Sailor.

SOTD: 11/13/2022

1668354973922.jpeg

Razor: Case Red Imp 143
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite
Bowl: The Razor Company Mocha Bowl
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Puck
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme EdT

What a beautiful day - it’s 8 degrees Celsius and Sunny - perfect-o! I’ve opened all the windows in the house - perfect for a nice coffee and enjoy.

Really dig this soap - very nice tobacco forward (with a splash o‘ the booze of course). In fact, this was one of my first artisan purchases - if you can believe. Back when I had an instagram account (I’m social free now) - one of my first posts………

1668355178390.jpeg

Aidan and I will definitely take advantage of the weather and go for a hike somewhere. Aidan and I have a cool social event tonight - so looking forward to that - and maybe a STEM project to boot.

I hope everyone has a splendid day!

SOTD: 11/16/2022

1668624784868.jpeg

Razor: Wilbert Cutlery Co. Damascus Steel
Brush: The Razor Company Cream Soda
Soap: Wet The Face Autumn Croap
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Maple Toddy Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Mugler A*Men Pure Malt

Well this razor was made for Sears & Roebuck……..Ahhhh the good ol’ days. I remember ordering from the catalog and having to pick up the items from a Sears warehouse. I was going to post something funny about the catalog itself but I couldn’t find anything “cadre friendly” - all references to paging through the ladies section of the catalog (not that 10 year old me would know anything about that)…..but I found this - which says it all about those days….

1668625132181.jpeg

You’re welcome world 😂

I think I’ll actually have a hot toddy today.

SOTD: 11/17/2022

1668708963504.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Executive (Rhodium)
Blade: Willy’s Premium, 4th use
Brush: The Razor Company Black & Orange No. 3
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Satsuma Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Banzai! Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Hermès Terre D’Hermès Parfum

Today’s shave is dedicated to the greatest sports team to ever grace this blue marble we call Earth - The Philadelphia Flyers. Is it weird for someone to buy a shaving brush just because you think it would make a great Flyers tribute shave? Asking for a friend.

Now I could tell stories about how the Flyers were the first expansion team to ever win a Stanley Cup (BTW- 1974 & 1975 - the Greatest Stanley Cups ever - I don’t even know why the NHL bothers to have a tournament every year……and the 3rd and 4th Greatest hockey ever played - second only to the “Do you believe in Miracles“ USA Game and what I’m about to mention)…….but everyone knows about those Stanley Cups….

But does everyone know about the time in 1976 when the Soviet Red Army Hockey team took on the NHL? They demolished the teams in the Original 6. But then they came to Philadelphia to play against an upstart team of the first expansion. The Soviets probably had a plan to just skate rampantly on the ice in the Spectrum. But to steal from the Check Heard Round the World - using a Mike Tyson quote……”Everyone’s got a plan ‘til they get punched in the mouth.

1668709280235.gif

1668709079088.gif

The Broad Street Bullies took care of business. At one point, the Soviet Army left the ice and refused to play……that was until the Flyers’ late owner Ed Snider informed them they would not receive their $100k in appearance money without playing the game.

So here’s to you kids……..providing a glimpse of what makes Philly the greatest city and divvying out the Flyers version of “Brotherly Love.”

Have a great day my friends!

Last edited:
Is it weird for someone to buy a shaving brush just because you think it would make a great Flyers tribute shave? Asking for a friend.
giphy.gif

I
SOTD: 11/16/2022

View attachment 98246

Razor: Wilbert Cutlery Co. Damascus Steel
Brush: The Razor Company Cream Soda
Soap: Wet The Face Autumn Croap
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Maple Toddy Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Mugler A*Men Pure Malt

Well this razor was made for Sears & Roebuck……..Ahhhh the good ol’ days. I remember ordering from the catalog and having to pick up the items from a Sears warehouse. I was going to post something funny about the catalog itself but I couldn’t find anything “cadre friendly” - all references to paging through the ladies section of the catalog (not that 10 year old me would know anything about that)…..but I found this - which says it all about those days….

View attachment 98247

You’re welcome world 😂

I think I’ll actually have a hot toddy today.
Isn’t that how all the skateboarders dress now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back