The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 10/29/2022

1667073813140.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Vida After Dark Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Vida After Dark Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Sport

Really like this scent- perfect transition from hot to fall - but with some citrus in there. Blends well with the Caron EDT.

Well Penn State took a shellacking in the 4th quarter. Such goes life. So hopefully the baseball deities smile down on the Phillies again tonight.

1667074001527.gif

Well, at least 3 more times - but who’s counting? 😂

Have a great day and if your community is doing Halloween tonight - stay safe!

SOTD: 10/29/2022

View attachment 96827

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Ariana & Evans Vida After Dark Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Vida After Dark Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Sport

Really like this scent- perfect transition from hot to fall - but with some citrus in there. Blends well with the Caron EDT.

Well Penn State took a shellacking in the 4th quarter. Such goes life. So hopefully the baseball deities smile down on the Phillies again tonight.

View attachment 96829

Well, at least 3 more times - but who’s counting? 😂

Have a great day and if your community is doing Halloween tonight - stay safe!
I can’t cheer for a team named after artificial grass.

Go Phillies!

SOTD: 10/30/2022

1667132790884.jpeg

Razor: Bartmann 5/8” Primo (Friday)
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Eight & Bob Original EdT

Well, the sport gods were not kind yesterday……I can live with PSU losing - I don’t like our coach - so we can buy him out with $64 million (I’m taking a collection) 😂. Also, on that note, I would caution anyone wanting to attend PSU Business School - who wrote that contract?

The Phillies had a challenging game, went down 5-0, but clawed back a little. Next three games are in Philly - and we’re readying the welcome party for the other team and their fans 😂 We are the City of Brotherly Love after all - we will live up to our reputation.

1667133006575.gif

I suppose I should get back to shaving - love this scent! Phantastic!

Looks to be one of those sunny, really crisp and cool Sundays - gotta spend some of it outdoors! Have a great Sunday everyone!

SOTD: 10/30/2022

View attachment 96877

Razor: Bartmann 5/8” Primo (Friday)
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Eight & Bob Original EdT

Well, the sport gods were not kind yesterday……I can live with PSU losing - I don’t like our coach - so we can buy him out with $64 million (I’m taking a collection) 😂. Also, on that note, I would caution anyone wanting to attend PSU Business School - who wrote that contract?

The Phillies had a challenging game, went down 5-0, but clawed back a little. Next three games are in Philly - and we’re readying the welcome party for the other team and their fans 😂 We are the City of Brotherly Love after all - we will live up to our reputation.

View attachment 96878

I suppose I should get back to shaving - love this scent! Phantastic!

Looks to be one of those sunny, really crisp and cool Sundays - gotta spend some of it outdoors! Have a great Sunday everyone!
A split away is a big win.

I am a wimp when it comes to horror anything - I did go (probably due to peer pressure) to see Pet Cemetery and Poltergeist, but that is the extend of it (though I have walked the Exorcist stairs in Georgetown 😂). The closest I’ve come it the book and movie - Something Wicked This Way Comes.

My kids still tease me to this day that when I was married to their mom - I jumped on her lap when we were watching What Lies Beneath (Michelle Pfeiffer ❤️) during one of those dramatic scenes.
I'm the exact same way, and my buddies still tease me about it. When I was younger, I suffered through all the horror movies and haunted houses in order to impress the girls, but now that I'm married with 2 kids, there's a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to pay my hard earned money to be scared!! Just not something that's ever appealed to me.

I'm the exact same way, and my buddies still tease me about it. When I was younger, I suffered through all the horror movies and haunted houses in order to impress the girls, but now that I'm married with 2 kids, there's a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to pay my hard earned money to be scared!! Just not something that's ever appealed to me.
Here Here!

SOTD: 10/31/2022

1667263916293.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Chisel & Hound Backdraft Fanchurian Badger
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch Orange Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch Orange Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Creed Viking Cologne

Late evening shave. I didn’t think we were going to have Halloween because of the rain - so I took Aidan to Urban Air to do some trampolining. Got back - the rain stopped - so we handed some candy out. Still have a ton left over - and I only bought one bag - Thanks Costco!

The soap & AS are an homage to Creed Viking Cologne - a little spicier IMO than the EdP. I actually got the cologne version by accident - the reseller sent me the wrong bottle- but I kept it - in case I ever did this very shave lol!

I just watched the Philadelphia Union win the Eastern Division - so Philly better savor this year - looking good so far across the sports spectrum, which - if you are as old as me - was the place where the Flyers and the Sixers played. I am old.

Have a great evening everyone!

I'm not going to lie......I'm a little disappointed that the razor has no orange on it. But then I'm sure you don't own ANY razors with orange on them. I mean.....how could you? Don't you only own something like 4 razors? (sarcasm font...securely ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back