The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 10/27/2022

View attachment 96686

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougére Angelique Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Fougére Angelique Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy EdP

I had to use this shave combo today - because when I ordered UberEats for lunch today - I got this notification. Either this is a good omen or the economy is hitting everyone hard.

View attachment 96687

How much do I tip? The standard tithe of 10% seems a little cheap. I better give him a good rating.
giphy.gif

SOTD: 10/28/2022

1666980772526.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clown Fruit
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clown Fruit Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clown Fruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man Hero EdT

I have to admit - I never read the book IT, have never watched any of the movies - but there are some clowns that do freak me out. When I was 4, I had this shoe holder that was a plastic clown that was attached to the wall and apparently I used to rip it down every night. But, I loved the Ringling Bros, Barnum & Bailey clowns - don’t know why.

This is a hard scent to match with anything - So I figured might as well go with the citrusy based Halloween Man Hero instead of Halloween Man X.

I don’t think we’re doing a Halloween thing - other than I suppose we’ll buy candy and leave it out for the kids.

Have a great weekend!

This must be rectified post haste! At least watch the original with Tim Curry!
I am a wimp when it comes to horror anything - I did go (probably due to peer pressure) to see Pet Cemetery and Poltergeist, but that is the extend of it (though I have walked the Exorcist stairs in Georgetown 😂). The closest I’ve come it the book and movie - Something Wicked This Way Comes.

My kids still tease me to this day that when I was married to their mom - I jumped on her lap when we were watching What Lies Beneath (Michelle Pfeiffer ❤️) during one of those dramatic scenes.

Here’s something @MilkCrate that will crack you up (since we are in the same biz)……one of my new guys today was complaining that the network was performing slowly. He said it reminded him of when he was young and had to use DSL. I told him that my first internet connected computer - in my Army days - was 9600 baud - just so I could get cc: Mail.

Compuserve was a thing - and AOL hadn’t taken off yet.

Here’s something @MilkCrate that will crack you up (since we are in the same biz)……one of my new guys today was complaining that the network was performing slowly. He said it reminded him of when he was young and had to use DSL. I told him that my first internet connected computer - in my Army days - was 9600 baud - just so I could get cc: Mail.

Compuserve was a thing - and AOL hadn’t taken off yet.
I was there … damn I feel old.

Being Gen X, I watched the whole world change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back