The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheering for the Yankees is like rooting for Goldman Sachs.
It’s the lesser of two evils and it is a means to an end - If they win, I have a chance, though small to see my my Phillies beat his Yankees in the Series.😂

1666371366078.gif

Plus, to put it lightly, I have no love lost for the Astros - goes back to the 70s and 80’s - it was bad enough with Nolan ‘Ego the Size of Texas’ Ryan……but now they are the new Black Sox - to paraphrase Doc Holliday from the movie Tombstone (please @heysi - let me have this fake quote 😂 though it is most definitely not historically accurate)…..”Now I really hate ‘em”…..so if the Astros lose…for me it really is a….

1666371636498.gif

SOTD: 10/21/2022

1666371693426.jpeg

Razor: Henry Martin Theo Kochs Full Hollow
Brush: Elite Razor Blueberries & Cream Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. New York State Of Mind Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Empire Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Sauvage EdT

It’s Friday! So this shave is dedicated to the NY Yankees in hopes that they get their act together!

Onto the shave……so I strictly bought the soap for the sweet label! It is an homage to Sauvage Elixer. I totally understand the popularity of Sauvage, but it just isn’t my thing - I don’t know if it is the overdose of ambroxin - but there is something harsh or metallic to my nose that makes it an appreciated cologne - but not a love. But I get why there are those that do like it. If the soap scent is anything like the real Elixer (@GearNoir I think has the Elixer)…..then I do like this version better than the EdT. It has a softer edge while still keeping the DNA. The razor is brand new and thank goodness I have heeded @BarberDave advice in slowing it down. The point of this razor is unforgiving - and came close to giving myself a little knick. All in all a great shave. For those that have an HC&C Soap - I found this base a little different - it was a harder puck and you really had to load the brush. But other than that - well done.

I hope the Phillies take advantage of being the home team tonight. I have always wondered - why the start time at 19:37? Why are start times always on a 7? Why not start the pre-game stuff early and start at the top or bottom of the hour?

1666372191271.gif

So, it will be a baseball weekend. PSU has failed me for the last time 😂

1666372279234.gif
Unless of course, they make it to a good bowl. Then i forgive them 😂

Last edited:
Plus the whisk(e)y dulls the pain as well I’m sure 😂
giphy.gif

Great shave set!
It is an homage to Sauvage Elixer. I totally understand the popularity of Sauvage, but it just isn’t my thing - I don’t know if it is the overdose of ambroxin - but there is something harsh or metallic to my nose that makes it an appreciated cologne - but not a love. But I get why there are those that do like it. If the soap scent is anything like the real Elixer (@GearNoir I think has the Elixer)…..then I do like this version better than the EdT. It has a softer edge while still keeping the DNA.
The EDT is definitely the young, loud, brash sibling of the line. Elixir is not so much loud as strong, longevity is crazy on the decant I have, particularly on clothes, but it it more refined, if that makes sense.

SOTD: 10/22/2022

1666446363809.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving CTAPT 2
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Green Label Puck
Aftershave: Darwin Shaving Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Pour Monsieur EdP

This is the new Timmermann soap from Pasteur‘s Pharmacy - really like the scent. So the story behind this soap (and there are two others under this label - Red and Black)…..are similar to Spearhead and Seaforth. Pasteurs found the “recipes” of Timmermann - an now defunct Pharmacy. They bought the name and gave the scent recipe to Wholly Kaw who put it into their Sego base. Bang up job! I have their Red label which is also excellent - and definitely in my mind, a colder weather like scent. I had been holding off on the black label - the original, because of the patchouli in the scent profile - but this green one has it as well, so hopefully it isn’t that strong on black and I’ll eventually pull the trigger on that one.

Finished off the last episode of Season 1 of the Rings of Power. I like the series - thumbs up. Now that a good deal of the questions have been answered - the storyline seems to be solidifying. Looking forward to Season 2. Since Amazon committed $1 Billion to it - I hope for their sake it continues the good progress. I may have a crush on Galadriel. Yes, I know she is a fictional character. It middle earth they still shave though.

Really enjoyed @EMG06 Battleship Bingo - well done! Think I may be going down with the ship today - but loved the pace of this - and it will be a hard act to follow for whoever wins!

Looks to be a gorgeous day, weather-wise here on the East Coast - with a cool, crispness in the air. My favorite season. So Aidan and I will plan a couple of outdoor activities and then a STEAM project before the Phillies take the field.

Have a wonderful day today!

Last edited:
Great entry! I loved the first ROP season also. I was holding out hope that the evil guy reveal wouldn’t be who it was, but they made it fit decently enough.

Love the Darwin AS look! Do they ship to the States or does someone here import? Thoughts on the product?

Have a great Saturday!

Great entry! I loved the first ROP season also. I was holding out hope that the evil guy reveal wouldn’t be who it was, but they made it fit decently enough.

Love the Darwin AS look! Do they ship to the States or does someone here import? Thoughts on the product?

Have a great Saturday!
Thank you my friend.

I was fooled initially about who the evil guy was (the show did a good job of diversion) - but I watched one of those YouTube channels that was dedicated to the dogma- and going back there were a few Easter eggs that gave it away. No matter what though - there is Galadriel 😍😂

The Darwin bottle is cool - you can get it at Pasteurs - but I must warn you - there will be sticker shock. It has a great scent - citrus (of course 😂) - predominantly orange - with some lemon and lemongrass - in the same ilk as Lucky Tiger

SOTD: 10/23/2022

1666541595486.jpeg

Razor: Ertan Süer Drakkar
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Puck
Aftershave: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Cologne
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: John Varvaros Artisan Pure EdT

Happy Sunday everyone! First let me say how cool it is that my kids love 80’s Roc–n-Roll! Aidan did his morning shave (Talent Soap Factory Peppermint Patty Soap & AS with a Supply Co SE razor - perfect for him) - he shaved rocking to Sirius XM 80’s channel.

I chose today’s soap because for some reason the weather decided it was not fall - 14 degrees C! Somebody turn down the thermostat - I need the cool crisp air and slight frost on the windows! But since we have the heatwave - took advantage with one of the best citrus scents out there! I never thought I’d be using Artisan Pure to finish off the shave this time of year 😂

Finished a book this morning - would have finished last night - but the Phillies game distracting me 😂 Hopefully they finish it off today and earn a trip to the World Series.

Today I hope Aidan and I beat what looks to be rain and get to the park before the afternoon game. And quite possibly maybe do some gift wrapping for a Reindeer Buddy!

Have a great Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back