The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
A late night noggin shave followed by a up and at ’em face shave this morning.

SOTD: 10/15/2022

1665923495374.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving Taiga
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Crowns & Crane Cherry Ho! Puck
Aftershave: Sphinx Beard Choke Cherry Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm

SOTD: 10/16/2022

1665923482468.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Black Watch Puck
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Black Watch Aftershave
Additional Care: Prada Amber Pour Homme EdP

Well @heysi - no historical inaccurate references in these last two shaves my friend.😂

Last night decided to do an homage to Tom Ford’s Lost Cherry - only because I hadn’t used my Crowne & Crane soap yet and it afforded me to use a brush in the color of my Philadelphia Phillies - who punched their ticket to the NLCS. They didn’t DODGE the challenge - they took it head on and shredded their rivals from the Peach State. All I can say is that I LA LA LA loved it. It dulls the pain from the Penn State game - which did my team even show up? Or did they dress their math club for that game? Wow - Michigan took a hammer to them! (

And hey the San Diego (a ScutteSoap 5 Razor City (for being the best in the US) patent pending) Padres pulled off something I didn’t think they could with their pitching. So the National League will have their 5 & 6 seed wildcards vying for the pennant, which is opposite of the American League - should they continue on this path, which is looking more and more of a 1 vs 2. Jack wants his Yankees and my Phillies in the World Series so he can rub it in when they drug Philly again (Thank goodness he was too young to really appreciate 2009).

Anyway my friends - looking for a chill day - river walk and some STEAM projects. And of course, hopeful that the Steelers find a way. But I can live with a loss if the football gods see fit to have the Eagles lose (and I never root for the Cowboys, but this will be an exception).

Have a fantastic Sunday!

The Padres finished 22 games behind the Dodgers. They shouldn't have even been in the postseason. The whole wild card round was just to add two more cities to the tv viewership. Completely made up contest. Now you'll end up with the 2022 World Series champions being a team that finished 14 games behind their division leaders (after they beat the Asterisks). The league needs to realign into two divisions for each league.

The Padres finished 22 games behind the Dodgers. They shouldn't have even been in the postseason. The whole wild card round was just to add two more cities to the tv viewership. Completely made up contest. Now you'll end up with the 2022 World Series champions being a team that finished 14 games behind their division leaders (after they beat the Asterisks). The league needs to realign into two divisions for each league.
I have to admit - I was happy for the Wildcard just to extend the season - I had no real hopes. But I don’t like the Braves (division rivals who have beat the Phils up for decades), and I like the opportunity for someone to take out the Astros (I’m hoping the Yanks pull it out over Cleveland because I don’t think they can do it).

At least everyone had a winning season - remember when the Ravens and the Giants won the Super Bowl with an 8-8 regular season? At least the MLB wildcard makes you earn it - the Phils were on the road for 18 days straight.

SOTD: 10/18/2022

1666122398480.jpeg

Razor: Gillette President
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Elite Razor Blueberries & Cream Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Maggard Razors London Barbershop Puck
Aftershave: Tampa Shave Company Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EdT

Good ol’ barbershop shave all around. Finished up with a classic barbershop EdT - Le Male. Should I sue them for using my likeness for the bottle? Just asking.

Received fantastic news that one of the grants I submitted Aidan for to provide therapy and community integration was approved today for the full amount. Just the news I needed! So this will provide support to augment what I do at home - like paying for goods, taking the bus, learning directions, etc. and also some additional music therapy which has really helped his communication skills.

Have a wonderful evening. Jack and I will be watching the Yanks with much anticipation!

SOTD: 10/18/2022

View attachment 95956

Razor: Gillette President
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Elite Razor Blueberries & Cream Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Maggard Razors London Barbershop Puck
Aftershave: Tampa Shave Company Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EdT

Good ol’ barbershop shave all around. Finished up with a classic barbershop EdT - Le Male. Should I sue them for using my likeness for the bottle? Just asking.

Received fantastic news that one of the grants I submitted Aidan for to provide therapy and community integration was approved today for the full amount. Just the news I needed! So this will provide support to augment what I do at home - like paying for goods, taking the bus, learning directions, etc. and also some additional music therapy which has really helped his communication skills.

Have a wonderful evening. Jack and I will be watching the Yanks with much anticipation!
Great shave and great news re. Aidan!! :D

Hurray for grant approval! That’s great!

Is that a special edition Le Male? I thought it was blue glass with bark blue stripes? 🤔
It was a 2017 Christmas release - same juice. Instead of coming in the soup can container - it came in a snow globe. I bought it because it, believe it or not, was significantly cheaper than getting the normal bottle

Just a reminder that the Phightin’ Phils were 4-3 against the Dodgers during the regular season. See - the Padres did you a favor - you just had a little disappointment my brother. Imagine the pain and agony if you had gotten to the NLCS and lost to the team from the city of brotherly love that is known for throwing snowballs at Santa Claus.😂

Great to hear about the grant.

I can never cheer for the Yankees though. I will back you on the Phillies. That is as far as I can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back