The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Phillies won yesterday and didnā€™t really have to reach in the well for the bullpen. A little scare at the end - but nice to have taken at least one on the road.
I caught parts of the four games yesterday. The Phillies were the only team I rooted for that won. I'm doing this for you, my friend, because it's unlike me to root for the Phillies (though I did like Mike Schmidt). There's also a natural tendency to root against the Braves, which dates back to the early '90s. Your football team is looking good!

I'm doing this for you, my friend,
And I greatly appreciate the love my friend! I did root for the 1979 ā€We are Familyā€ Pirates back in the day!

There's also a natural tendency to root against the Braves
Oooo, I hate the Braves with their wee beady eyes šŸ˜‚

Your football team is looking good!
Your football team is my football team (and my sonsā€™ as well). One of the joys of growing up in North Central PA is that we got to pick and choose which side of the state that fit our needs. Football - Had to be Steelers (didnā€™t hurt that when I was growing up, the Steelers had two Penn Staters - Jack Hamm and Franco Harris, Baseball - Phils (but no one hated the Pirates - we just thought they had weird hats in the 70ā€™s - but loved Willie Stargell and Dave Parker), Basketball - well the only choice is the Sixers so they are by default, and for the greatest sport - none of than the Flyers and the Broad Street Bulliesā€¦ā€¦..Stanley Cups with Sidney Crybaby Crosby donā€™t count šŸ˜‚

Though I have to say - some of my favorite hockey players played for both teams (and only won the cup with the lowly Penguins).ā€¦..Rick Tocchet, Mark Recchi, John Leclaire, and Jaromir Jagr. And Dave Schultz also played for both - but only one with the Broad Street Bullies baby!

Stanley Cups with Sidney Crybaby Crosby donā€™t count
Mr Crosby's name is on The Cup three times, which is one more than the Flyers'.
Your football team is my football team (and my sonsā€™ as well). One of the joys of growing up in North Central PA is that we got to pick and choose which side of the state that fit our needs. Football - Had to be Steelers (didnā€™t hurt that when I was growing up, the Steelers had two Penn Staters - Jack Hamm and Franco Harris,
It's good to learn you're bringing up the boy right. It doesn't hurt that Ham and Harris each earned four rings, either! Harris still lives here.

SOTD: 10/14/2022

1665770948136.jpeg

Razor: Puma No. 10 Extra
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Hoffmanā€™s Burn The Ships Puck
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Creed Viking EdP

Well - since @NurseDave went old school - I decided to do a homage to old school. Burn the Ships soap is a dupe to Old Spice. Nicely done - and has a kick ass label so missioned accomplished. Finished off with the pharmacy version of Old Spice AS and with Creed Viking - which is the closest thing I have to spicey - though I get mostly the Peppermint and Rose.

The best part of the shave is that I get to do a Hunt for Red October quote, which is also important for any good shaveā€¦.

1665771117011.gif

Have a great start to your weekend everyone!

SOTD: 10/14/2022

View attachment 95624

Razor: Puma No. 10 Extra
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Hoffmanā€™s Burn The Ships Puck
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Creed Viking EdP

Well - since @NurseDave went old school - I decided to do a homage to old school. Burn the Ships soap is a dupe to Old Spice. Nicely done - and has a kick ass label so missioned accomplished. Finished off with the pharmacy version of Old Spice AS and with Creed Viking - which is the closest thing I have to spicey - though I get mostly the Peppermint and Rose.

The best part of the shave is that I get to do a Hunt for Red October quote, which is also important for any good shaveā€¦.

View attachment 95625

Have a great start to your weekend everyone!
Great shave! Extra credit with the nod to Connery!

giphy.gif

Of interesting historical note:

Cortes (the Spanish spelling) didn't burn his ships when he reached the new world, he had been there for sometime...in fact, he was an 18 year old sailor when he reached Hispaniola (present-day Dominican Republic) in 1504 and participated in the conquest of Cuba. It was from Cuba 15 years later that he sailed to Mexico in search of The Aztec capital city of Gold, Tenochtitlan. After arriving, the Spainards and the Aztecs had an encounter near Cotres's landing site and some of his men wanted to return to Cuba so he burned his ships to prevent a mutiny.

Red October got the story wrong.

Of interesting historical note:

Cortes (the Spanish spelling) didn't burn his ships when he reached the new world, he had been there for sometime...in fact, he was an 18 year old sailor when he reached Hispaniola (present-day Dominican Republic) in 1504 and participated in the conquest of Cuba. It was from Cuba 15 years later that he sailed to Mexico in search of The Aztec capital city of Gold, Tenochtitlan. After arriving, the Spainards and the Aztecs had an encounter near Cotres's landing site and some of his men wanted to return to Cuba so he burned his ships to prevent a mutiny.

Red October got the story wrong.
You just ruined the movie for me.ā€¦ā€¦hey why not steal some candy from some kids on Halloween or tell them that Santa doesnā€™t exist while youā€™re at itā€¦šŸ˜‚

1665778385328.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back