The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got into the earbuds.. I still prefer the old school over-the-ear headphones. Maybe I'm just a throwback.. :unsure:

giphy.gif

The amount of $$$$ YT'ers like iJustine and MKBHD rake in is staggering. But you're 100% accurate about the shilling, just look at Apple-disgraced Jon Rettinger! Not that he's exactly hurting in the cash department either, but his story on why/how Apple severed ties with him is pretty eye-opening in terms of the YT reviewer space. Of course, not limited to tech, I'm 100% sure the same thing happens in the wet shaving/frag/fountain pen/any and all other hobby worlds!
Yeah - for a company that tries to sell itself off as a force for good - there are a lot of things in the background that are unsavory. My problem is that it is difficult to leave any ecosystem - We need to start a company together - and make sure we do the right thing always!

Love my AirPod Pros! I do wish they stayed in a little better without need for an aftermarket attachment. Just enough features on them though and I’m not too much of an audiophile so…
The funny thing - I wear them for when I need the transparency mode - I think they do it best - and I do like the spacial audio to watch movies when the kids are sleeping - but I usually wear other headphones most of the time. They are good quality though IMO!

SOTD: 10/09/2022

1665325289645.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Hoffman’s Rio Grande Puck
Aftershave: Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Tonic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Cremo Distillers Blend EdT

This is my first go with Hoffman’s soaps. I’ve seen them before and they originally were sold in rectangular hand soap shaves for their shaving soaps. Their scents always seemed appealing - but I don’t usually get soaps without a tub. But then the company did a pivot and now they not only emboldened their scents - they have some bad ass labels! I really like this one - got a splash of whiskey in it. Finished off with Hemingway which while I don’t think he was ever near the Rio Grande or Wild West for that mater - just seemed to go with the theme (both scent and label wise). Finished off with Cremo Distiller’s Blend EdT - I think Cremo is underrated for both soap, performance, and their EdTs - really a good one here.

I think Aidan and I will do the Urban Air thing; The Steelers have a tough one today - but it’s not on in this area. Hopefully going to stay sunny and crisp out today!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

SOTD: 10/12/2022

1665599606032.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Neon
Bowl: The Razor Company Mocha Bowl
Soap: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Aftershave
Balm: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Balm
Additional Care: Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club EdT

Decided to jazz things up a little today! Great fall weather coming through - and why not do the best frag out there (IMO). So @novicewetshaver - this one is for you - this is a Zingari Man soap. I get superb performance - but I have very good water and using a synthetic brush does increase your chances of success In good lather - in just getting to “know the soap.” But most importantly - this is my favorite cologne of all time. And we all know the most important things for soap are first scent - then a smokin’ label. Who needs good performance or their top two layers of skin if you have those two - may I ask?

1665600297096.gif

I actually did a video today - working on posting it now.

Yesterday, Aidan and I both received our Moderna boosters along with the flu shot. So far, no real noticeable side effects - I felt a little run down last night - but woke up chipper. I hope that neither virus makes a surge this winter - but we shall see.

My Phillies won yesterday and didn’t really have to reach in the well for the bullpen. A little scare at the end - but nice to have taken at least one on the road.

I hope everyone has a most wonderful day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back