The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday’s luncheon was interesting to say the least. I am not an office political beast by any means - so I just sat back and listened, and held out the corporate credit card to pay. The gent leaving who is ironically going to be my customer come Monday - expounded on his exploits like he was the one who invented leadership, project management, and balancing the budget. With a couple parting shots at his former boss, who is my boss who I love - passive aggressive with the compliments - with her boss present - as if the organization was rudderless and he righted the ship. And don’t worry - he is so filled with awesomeness that when he leaves - we’ll still be ok, because he personally trained everyone to be professional. Later that day and this morning, while being reminded that he only has one more day, he doubled down on what I am sure the villagers must be singing in folk songs about his prowess😂.
giphy.gif

Great shave brother! 😁

SOTD: 10/01/2022

1664638893829.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Rajon Cajon Tye Dye Acrylic
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Baldessarini Ultimate EdT

Still recovering from one bad cold - it’s wild - I didn’t get sick at all during COVID, and now, this is the second one since Aidan got back in school. But all in all, hopefully on the right side of this one. Feeling much better.

Since we actually have fall weather, which is unusual lately in these parts -went with a fine smellin‘ soap and AS, perfect for the fall (not like you pumpkin eaters 😂 - citrus goes in every season you yuppies!).

Hopefully Penn State and the Phillies will not blow what both face are easy competitors. We’ll see. Have a great weekend!

SOTD: 10/01/2022

View attachment 94663

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Rajon Cajon Tye Dye Acrylic
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Baldessarini Ultimate EdT

Still recovering from one bad cold - it’s wild - I didn’t get sick at all during COVID, and now, this is the second one since Aidan got back in school. But all in all, hopefully on the right side of this one. Feeling much better.

Since we actually have fall weather, which is unusual lately in these parts -went with a fine smellin‘ soap and AS, perfect for the fall (not like you pumpkin eaters 😂 - citrus goes in every season you yuppies!).

Hopefully Penn State and the Phillies will not blow what both face are easy competitors. We’ll see. Have a great weekend!
Glad you're feeling better, brother!

We caught a pretty nasty head cold earlier this summer, which a multitude of at home and PCR tests confirmed was NOT Covid - I'm convinced our immunities were just slow to get going cause of all the varying levels of isolation the past 2.5 years!

Hmm, smoked orange sound delicious. Glad you're on the mend. Those petri dishes called schools are the respawn point for all manner of critters.

We caught a pretty nasty head cold earlier this summer, which a multitude of at home and PCR tests confirmed was NOT Covid - I'm convinced our immunities were just slow to get going cause of all the varying levels of isolation the past 2.5 years!
I am positive on that one as well - I didn’t get sick at all -but most likely because I didn’t go out much and washed my hands like I was going into surgery every 10 minutes 😂

SOTD: 10/03/2022

1664811268015.jpeg

Razor: Wilbert Cutlery Co. Damascus Steel
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache EdP

Another smoky citrus - just for @NurseDave. Followed up with Moustache EdP which smells absolutely nothing like or even related to its EdT brother. Definitely though a crowd pleaser and geared towards colder weather IMO. Which we have after raining the whole weekend.

Nothing much to report other than I hope that when I get to the age where I need my kids assistance with technology that they show a little more patience than I do with my mom 😂 I swear to goodness - I love that woman but she can find a way to make any technology NOT work 😂. Today was printing out return labels from Amazon. In her defense, not as intuitive as it should be (and probably on purpose on Amazon’s part so you don’t return anything). So I ended logging into her account - emailing me the labels and then sending them to FedEx to have them printed out there. Figured that was the easiest to do so all she does is have to print them out.

My youngest son, a Steelers fan, is a little bummed at their 1-2 start, but was happy to see their rookie quarterback in. I told him that what should you expect of an offense that is run by a coordinator whose last name is Canada. You just can’t trust that kind of thing - right @woodpusher ? My relatives (or at least most of them - moved from Toronto and other parts of Ontario to Philly for a reason)!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Ya, I was going to order this one last time I placed an order, but they were out. Smoked orange has me more curious now.

Nothing much to report other than I hope that when I get to the age where I need my kids assistance with technology that they show a little more patience than I do with my mom 😂 I swear to goodness - I love that woman but she can find a way to make any technology NOT work 😂. Today was printing out return labels from Amazon. In her defense, not as intuitive as it should be (and probably on purpose on Amazon’s part so you don’t return anything). So I ended logging into her account - emailing me the labels and then sending them to FedEx to have them printed out there. Figured that was the easiest to do so all she does is have to print them out.
Man, I used to have to help my dad with computer stuff all the time. It got very frustrating. In my defense, the man had a bad habit of clicking "OK" on WHATEVER would pop up on his screen. A LOT of work went into breaking him of that habit.

giphy.gif

Thankfully my parents are just “young” enough to understand and be able to navigate the current tech.

Great shave set! Hope you’re having a good day friend!

SOTD: 10/07/2022

1665161654822.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Crossroads Puck
Aftershave: First Line Shave Crossroads Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Digging this shave - bringing out the fall type scents. And how can I shave with this soap and AS and not have a movie reference of the same name? My favorite guitar riffs…

1665161787428.jpeg

I’ve seen Stevie Vai in concert and he rocked!

Well on the home front, I broke down and bought not one, but two sets of wireless earbuds……I have to stop watching YouTube tech channels late at night 😂. I upgraded my AirPods Pro to the next version though deep down I am sure they are only going to be a mild change - though iJustine swore they were life changing 😂. Of course, IMO, she only says that so she can get invited to the next in person Apple event - so in her case - they are life changing because she is a millionaire by shilling their products. But hey - she knows what butters her bread. We’ll see which kid of mine is nicest to me and they can have the old pair 😂

Also bought a pair of Soundcore Sport x10s. I wanted a waterproof headset - I’m taking getting back into shape serious - and to quote Les Mis…..A little fall of rain, can hardly hurt me now…….of course, she bought the farm right after singing that song - so hopefully I want to avoid that if I can 😂 I really like the Soundcore line - owned by Anker who does great things with lithium batteries…….I several pairs of headsets and earbuds from them - their previous ones that I have are waterproof as well, but I am not of fan of their wings that hold them in place. First world problems…….

I hope everyone has a great day!

The amount of $$$$ YT'ers like iJustine and MKBHD rake in is staggering. But you're 100% accurate about the shilling, just look at Apple-disgraced Jon Rettinger! Not that he's exactly hurting in the cash department either, but his story on why/how Apple severed ties with him is pretty eye-opening in terms of the YT reviewer space. Of course, not limited to tech, I'm 100% sure the same thing happens in the wet shaving/frag/fountain pen/any and all other hobby worlds!

Love my AirPod Pros! I do wish they stayed in a little better without need for an aftermarket attachment. Just enough features on them though and I’m not too much of an audiophile so…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back