The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
My all-time fave Star Wars movie!! Can't wait for the Cassian Andor spinoff!

Okay.. Not sure what all the "laughing" is about..

giphy.gif

SOTD: 09/20/2022

1663694441479.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Svarga Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Glacial Strawberry Lemonade Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Strawberry Lemonade Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme Cologne EdC

If you’re going to go cold - go Glacial! Stirling rocks!

Not a lot to report….my boss has COVID so now I have to run a farewell lunch tomorrow for a guy I barely know, but since he is going to be a government customer - my boss told me to be on my best behavior - so Whiskey Wednesday liquid lunch is out the window.

I actually got to call Apple and have them re-open a ticket and request the solution be put in their knowledge articles…..a while back a feature which they touted wasn’t working on my brand new phone - went back and forth with them - they kept blaming it on my cell provider but I couldn‘t get their engineering team or management to provide me a logical reason. Spent hours with them and my mobile provider (who were very decent considering we both knew it wasn’t them)…..So since the phone was less than a week old - I told Apple that I wanted a replacement - and they refused - saying they didn’t support the feature that was on their website that they were promoting.

Anyway, I insisted to them it was a bug….they said no. Well performed an OS upgrade when it became available - and wouldn’t you know it - everything immediately worked. Unfortunately the Apple tech couldn’t put me in touch with the actual engineer or manager that gave me the false info - not that I am not a gracious winner - well who am I kidding - I wanted to really rub it in - because I can’t get my 6 hours back that they made me troubleshoot.

So nothing else to report - Aidan is at the local Fair with his school. Joan Jett was there earlier but the tickets sold out really quickly. Have a great day!

You don't have to skip the Wednesday whiskey lunch, just invite the other guy. You will get to know each other quick.

SOTD: 09/22/2022

1663875289789.jpeg

Razor: Ertan Suer Mon Fier Destrier
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Dunshire Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Dunshire Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio EdP

Homage to Acqua di Gio today - the most popular men’s cologne of all time. Stirling, as always, is fantastic.

Well yesterday’s luncheon was interesting to say the least. I am not an office political beast by any means - so I just sat back and listened, and held out the corporate credit card to pay. The gent leaving who is ironically going to be my customer come Monday - expounded on his exploits like he was the one who invented leadership, project management, and balancing the budget. With a couple parting shots at his former boss, who is my boss who I love - passive aggressive with the compliments - with her boss present - as if the organization was rudderless and he righted the ship. And don’t worry - he is so filled with awesomeness that when he leaves - we’ll still be ok, because he personally trained everyone to be professional. Later that day and this morning, while being reminded that he only has one more day, he doubled down on what I am sure the villagers must be singing in folk songs about his prowess😂.

Basically the last two days in summary were this:

1663875961395.png

What was deafening to me was the lack of responses of anyone responding with - “You’ll sorely be missed.”

Well, all I can say is thank goodness I’m an engineer.😂

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back