The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 09/17/2022

1663425834570.jpeg

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Razor: REX Konsul
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne EdT

Noggin and Face shave today. I really love this scent from Ethos! Frank did a fantastic job! Well done. I also have to say that the REX Konsul is top notch razor. Even at the highest setting it is smooth as silk. They knocked it out of the park with this one. My only issue - is a slight one - is that blade loading is a little challenging - something that REX said they were going to try to improve on version 2. Other than that - banger of a razor and I love the knurling.

Don’t have much planned today. Last night bought an Apple watch. I know it seems silly but I bought it for the same reason that I bought version 1, I needed to lose weight and needed something to drive my motivation - the COVID weight gain was my fault - it was the perfect time to take advantage and I didn’t. But I have control so my goal is to get it under control.

And I smell wonderful doing it 😂 Have a most wonderful day my friends!

Well, we’ll, well…isn’t Mr Brian just full of worthy pursuits today! Here’s hoping your motivation keeps a flame! 😎👍

SOTD: 09/19/2022

1663593615368.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 4th use
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Puck
Aftershave: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Cologne
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever EdP

This soap and AS/Cologne Pair is Da Bomb!

1663593721211.gif

I am always skeptical when a seller or artisan says that something is the most realistic Citrus they have ever smelled. I own quite a few exceptional Citrus only soaps - Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew, Central Texas Soaps Citrus Burst, Dr. Jon’s Hydra, Ethos Melange D’Agrumes, Ethos Blood Orange, Ginger’s Garden Citrus Ice, Los Jabones de Joserra Citrico Excentrico, Marting Soaps Citrus Waters, Maol Tangerine, Murphy & McNeil Banzai!, Oleo Soapworks Pucker, Pinnacle Grooming Citrus Blast, Stirling Citron, Stirling Lemon Chill, Stirling Lime, Stirling Satsuma, Stirling Tangerine, and Van Yulay Citrus Blast - Love them all, all are top notch. But for the one that combines a bunch of citrus notes and then has them get detected separately - wow - this is a first (along with Ethos Melange). This one is definitely Grapefruit forward - when I first smelled it - I immediately thought - wow - this is D&G Light Blue Forever and from the top grapefruit - these are the most realistic grapefruits I have ever smelled. Then comes the clementines, followed by the valencia orange. Really enjoyed it. HC&C has both an AS and and AS / Cologne - I went with the longer lasting AS Cologne. Finished off with D&G Light Blue Forever…..I am a Citrus Bomb.

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 09/19/2022

View attachment 93819

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 4th use
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Puck
Aftershave: Hendrix Classics & Co. Citrus Bomb Cologne
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever EdP

This soap and AS/Cologne Pair is Da Bomb!

View attachment 93820

I am always skeptical when a seller or artisan says that something is the most realistic Citrus they have ever smelled. I own quite a few exceptional Citrus only soaps - Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew, Central Texas Soaps Citrus Burst, Dr. Jon’s Hydra, Ethos Melange D’Agrumes, Ethos Blood Orange, Ginger’s Garden Citrus Ice, Los Jabones de Joserra Citrico Excentrico, Marting Soaps Citrus Waters, Maol Tangerine, Murphy & McNeil Banzai!, Oleo Soapworks Pucker, Pinnacle Grooming Citrus Blast, Stirling Citron, Stirling Lemon Chill, Stirling Lime, Stirling Satsuma, Stirling Tangerine, and Van Yulay Citrus Blast - Love them all, all are top notch. But for the one that combines a bunch of citrus notes and then has them get detected separately - wow - this is a first (along with Ethos Melange). This one is definitely Grapefruit forward - when I first smelled it - I immediately thought - wow - this is D&G Light Blue Forever and from the top grapefruit - these are the most realistic grapefruits I have ever smelled. Then comes the clementines, followed by the valencia orange. Really enjoyed it. HC&C has both an AS and and AS / Cologne - I went with the longer lasting AS Cologne. Finished off with D&G Light Blue Forever…..I am a Citrus Bomb.

Have a great day everyone!
Sounds great! Got a tub on the way myself! :cool:

A picture says 1000 words (it really doesn't) so I would say this combination is so good that you're willing to have lopsided colour balance in your picture speaks loudly.
It’s a yin and yang - left side blue right side yellow, orange, pink - symbolizes the balance of citrus pulsating the power of life (at least that’s what I’m saying to help tamper down my OCD to have everything matching 😂)

1663595628510.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back