The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 08/12/2022

1660318239563.jpeg

Razor: Puma No. 10 Extra
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

My favorite scent in all of wetshaving!

Have a great start to your weekend!

Purple is my favorite scent too. :)
giphy.gif

Proof that Greybeard is indeed old. (but in a good way)
My birth year by Gillette is C-1. Of course, you could simply look at the number following my name. ;)

White Rabbit is from Jefferson Airplane's 1966 Surrealistic Pillow album, which also featured a huge hit, Somebody to Love. I loved that song. Compare it to other Top 40 songs of that year and you'll find that the Airplane was very different from other artists of that era.

SOTD: 08/13/2022

1660409307178.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Wickham Soap Company Club Cola Puck
Aftershave: Wickham Soap Company Club Cola Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: 4711 Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger EdC

Refreshing shave today! I haven’t taken the Tatara out for a spin in a very long while - it is an excellent shaver. Going with a fun scent today and a light cologne - because we are off to the pool this afternoon and heck - it’s going to wash off anyway 😂

Did “manly man” things today - repaired the fence gate that had blown down in the last storm. Ok, I admit it - I had help - but I am proud to announce that at no time did we measure anything - we just winged it baby!

1660409620458.gif

And it turned out better than I had even imagined (I thought for sure we’d have to get a new fence door)…….so that whole thing about measuring twice and cutting once - well that is for amateurs 😂

1660409634269.gif

Have a great day my friends!

Did “manly man” things today - repaired the fence gate that had blown down in the last storm. Ok, I admit it - I had help - but I am proud to announce that at no time did we measure anything - we just winged it baby!
….so that whole thing about measuring twice and cutting once - well that is for amateurs 😂
Way to go, Brian. Measuring is for sissies and professionals! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back