The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 08/16/2022

View attachment 91513

Razor: Wilbert Cutlery Co. Damascus Steel
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blood Orange Cream
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Banzai! Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT

Time to get back on the bike again - went a heck of a lot slower this time 😂. All things orange-ish today (the CK One is technically Kumquat not orange). Ethos always performs!

Well Aidan today decided that the bathroom should also serve as an aquarium - so we started out the day being Jacque Cousteau. Oh the joys of summer!

Planning on taking half a day today as this is Aidan’s last day of summer before school. Visited with all the teachers last night. The big thing in our HS is that they have this new space aged football field and this year will be the first home game in 2 years. Last year they were ripping up the field and replacing it and the year before was COVID so every game in those two years were away games. Aidan starts tennis in a few weeks as well.

Have a great Tuesday!
Is the new field some rad, cool color like Boise State?? 🏈

field.jpg

UNLV has to play Boise State every year and its painful to watch those games on tv. I've heard its worse in person.
I remember the first time I saw it while watching PAC-12 After Dark several years ago.. I was like... 😁

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I remember the first time I saw it while watching PAC-12 After Dark several years ago.. I was like... 😁

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
The crazy thing is that I saw a news story is that they got a patten for it - so now every other single program in the country that does their artificial turf in their school colors has to pay Boise State…..

I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes, but I heard one of the commentators say that one benefit of that color turn is that it helps their defenders blend in.

SOTD: 08/19/2022

1660918277466.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Space Odyssey Puck
Aftershave: First Line Shaves Space Odyssey Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Versace Eros EdP

Out of this world shave today 😂. Well - other than the afore mentioned cold shower and shave due to hot water heater failure - I am determined to make this a good day.
Normally I don’t do “clubbing” scents - but I really like this one - the EdP is a little more mature-ish than the EdT so I think I can pull it off.

Working on a grant for Aidan today (other than work) - nothing else planned; hoping the plumber gets here soon.

Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

View attachment 91750

Out of this world shave today 😂. Well - other than the afore mentioned cold shower and shave due to hot water heater failure - I am determined to make this a good day.
Normally I don’t do “clubbing” scents - but I really like this one - the EdP is a little more mature-ish than the EdT so I think I can pull it off.

Working on a grant for Aidan today (other than work) - nothing else planned; hoping the plumber gets here soon.

Great soap and scent! Cold shower!?! YIKES!! 😲

#ShortStackOfQuarters

Great soap and scent! Cold shower!?! YIKES!! 😲

#ShortStackOfQuarters
Luckily the military trained me well……we didn’t have field showers often……but when we did - I always seemed to get them after the hot water ran out 😂 Though my favorite time (facetiously) was in Egypt. The showers were about a km away and we were in the middle of the desert and over 100 degrees. So you took this nice shower, got back in your uniform and then sweat the bejesus out walking back, and inevitably were hit by gusts of wind that would spray sand all over you. 😂

So in light of that - at least I stayed clean after my cold shower lol

View attachment 91750

Sorry to hear about the water heater brother.... Homeowner stuff right...???.... I've been intersted in picking up this soap and aftershave for some time. I have a couple of First line soaps, because he's a local, but never really got into his scents so much.

How are you healing up??

Happy Friday buddy!

Luckily the military trained me well……we didn’t have field showers often……but when we did - I always seemed to get them after the hot water ran out 😂 Though my favorite time (facetiously) was in Egypt. The showers were about a km away and we were in the middle of the desert and over 100 degrees. So you took this nice shower, got back in your uniform and then sweat the bejesus out walking back, and inevitably were hit by gusts of wind that would spray sand all over you. 😂

So in light of that - at least I stayed clean after my cold shower lol
Us civilians, we don't know how good we have it!

Sorry to hear about the water heater brother.... Homeowner stuff right...???.... I've been intersted in picking up this soap and aftershave for some time. I have a couple of First line soaps, because he's a local, but never really got into his scents so much.

How are you healing up??

Happy Friday buddy!
doing well my brother - scar is healing nicely - should be gone or mostly not visible hopefully in a week or two.

First Line has awesome labels - but scent wise - he does almost all dupes - so if you don’t like those particular frags then you’d be out of luck because they are on the higher side price wise. This particular one - Eros, is pretty universally liked - apple and mint at the top that everyone seems to like. Well except @Graybeard57 ….who hates mint. I’m thinking his time in the Navy ruined his nose. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back