The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 08/09/2022

1660051615944.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving Taiga
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Yves Saint Laurent Y EdP

Really pleasantly surprised by the scent of this soap/AS combo - just because it was hard for me to envision what hot neon lights and cold drinks would smell like - especially given the notes - plus the fact that Electric Mayhem to me is a Muppet band 😂. That and the last few B&M soaps that I have purchased - haven’t been bad but also were more meh to me (Paganini’s Violin, Arctique). B&M has my favorite scent in all of wetshaving (Le Grand Chypre). I’d say on a scale of 1-10 - this is about a 7.5 - really well blended and with notes that I like.

However, this is really a tribute to the evolution of swing music - which I really dig. This has a bright front side that is grounded like a fougere. Well done B&M.

I really didn’t have a frag that was a good match - I am sure in my collection I have something with Yuzu in it - just don’t feel like going through all of them to figure it out on fragrantica.

Hoping for a quiet day today. Have a fantastic day!

SOTD: 08/09/2022

View attachment 90926

Razor: Homelike Shaving Taiga
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Electric Mayhem Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Yves Saint Laurent Y EdP

Really pleasantly surprised by the scent of this soap/AS combo - just because it was hard for me to envision what hot neon lights and cold drinks would smell like - especially given the notes - plus the fact that Electric Mayhem to me is a Muppet band 😂. That and the last few B&M soaps that I have purchased - haven’t been bad but also were more meh to me (Paganini’s Violin, Arctique). B&M has my favorite scent in all of wetshaving (Le Grand Chypre). I’d say on a scale of 1-10 - this is about a 7.5 - really well blended and with notes that I like.

However, this is really a tribute to the evolution of swing music - which I really dig. This has a bright front side that is grounded like a fougere. Well done B&M.

I really didn’t have a frag that was a good match - I am sure in my collection I have something with Yuzu in it - just don’t feel like going through all of them to figure it out on fragrantica.

Hoping for a quiet day today. Have a fantastic day!
giphy.gif

SOTD: 08/10/2022

1660143954116.jpeg

Razor: Wilbert Cutlery Co. Damascus Steel
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Talent Soap Factory Peppermint Patti Puck
Aftershave: Talent Soap Factory Peppermint Patti Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Creed Viking EdP

Home, Home on the Range……where the deer and the antelope play…….It was either that or Johnny Cash ’I Ride an Old Paint’. Well - this shave was straight up peppermint - finished off with Creed Viking because of all the minty colognes I have - I think this is the only one with peppermint.

My question to @heysi is that while we know (based on my recollection of how I’m going to remember your bingo game)…..that you dated an adult entertainer that stole your car while you were a roadie for a hair band………have you ever dated a Cowgirl? Now that would be a story for the ages.

Wednesday is always meeting day - so yay (facetiously). Other than that - Aidan was selected for Round 1 of a grant for special therapy…….I am working tonight on the paperwork to get in before the end of the month and then they decide on if and/or how much the grant will be. Luckily, I finished the hard form last week.

Have a great day everyone!

Wednesday is always meeting day - so yay (facetiously). Other than that - Aidan was selected for Round 1 of a grant for special therapy…….I am working tonight on the paperwork to get in before the end of the month and then they decide on if and/or how much the grant will be. Luckily, I finished the hard form last week.
Woohoo! Keep up the good work dad! So glad he has someone like you in his corner!
2FC51430-3E49-4EE2-81BA-4F164D68EE8C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back