The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 08/07/2022

A1659882413871.jpeg

Razor: Koraat 8/8” Basic II
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Zingari Man The Socialite Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Socialite Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Commodity Fragrances Gin EdT

I am amazed at how smooth this razor shaves - and also today am so glad that I decided to take the “slow and low that is the tempo” approach - because I got the edge caught under my nose and that was the difference between a little tiny - “hey dude pay attention” and having only one nostril 😂. But simply - this is quite an easy razor to use - very heavy though for a straight- full wedge.

Any also - what better way to start out the day with a little gin? Very nice synthetic menthol kept this shave nice and cool. Love Commodity’s Gin cologne as well.

Aidan and I are off for a little walk followed by a couple of hours at the Lazy River pool.

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 08/08/2022

1659971623498.jpeg

Razor: Fritz Bracht Tennis No. 110
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Summer Solstice (SFWS) Puck
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Summer Solstice Aftershave
Additional Care: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

Wish I were at a beach today 🏄‍♂️ - a private one 🌊 🩴🏖 - I’m not a crowd person 😂. It seems really muggy today - all my windows in my house were steamed up when I woke up this morning. Yikes!

Great shave - this is a different base than I am used to from Catie’s Bubbles - much harder than the others that I have which tend to be on the software side. Smells fantastic!

Hoping to go back to the pool later this afternoon after a few hours at work.

Have a great day everyone.

SOTD: 08/08/2022

View attachment 90868

Razor: Fritz Bracht Tennis No. 110
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Summer Solstice (SFWS) Puck
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Summer Solstice Aftershave
Additional Care: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

Wish I were at a beach today 🏄‍♂️ - a private one 🌊 🩴🏖 - I’m not a crowd person 😂. It seems really muggy today - all my windows in my house were steamed up when I woke up this morning. Yikes!

Great shave - this is a different base than I am used to from Catie’s Bubbles - much harder than the others that I have which tend to be on the software side. Smells fantastic!

Hoping to go back to the pool later this afternoon after a few hours at work.

Have a great day everyone.
Can I come to that beach?? I'll stay far away, I promise (not a "crowd" person either).

giphy.gif

Gin and Tonic as a youth. Are you sir what they used a call a Dandy?
I was referring to the period of roughly 18-34 years old. I was something of a partier, though in the latter part of that period I had mellowed considerably, before ceasing altogether. No sir, I was never a "dandy", though people thought of me as a "hippy". My friends and I considered ourselves "freaks", which, curiously, was less pejorative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back