The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played for the Pirates for one season, then went on to fame and fortune with an 11-year stint with the Yankees. The Pirates were good back then (remember "The Lumbar Company"?), but it appears we lost him to free agency.
I remember the “We Are Family” Pirates!

Hope your day is going well!
To quote Louis Gossage from An Officer and A Gentleman - “Looky Looky Here!” Looks like our representatives and senators decided to get along and they passed the non-partisan PACT act which benefits veterans that are in desperate need of healthcare that VA was not covering. Awesome!
BC1074D5-590C-49A6-BF5C-CCF40977CC3C.gif

SOTD: 08/05/2022

1659715726887.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clown Fruit
Soap: Soap Commander Refreshment Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea EdC

Refreshing shave - literally 😂. I was going back and forth on which lemony or tea scented cologne I should use - and wham-o! I remembered I had one that even matched the color scheme (which we all know is important in a shave 😆). I almost went with 4711 Lemon & Ginger - which is a fine choice as well.

Excited that we got a call back from the government placement agency that there is a farm interested in Aidan and we have our final interview on Saturday! So hopefully we can lock this down - I think this is a perfect situation for him! It is a little farther than I’d like - but hey - I will take it and am grateful for the farm to consider him so wish him luck on Saturday!

Have a great start to your weekend!

Excited that we got a call back from the government placement agency that there is a farm interested in Aidan and we have our final interview on Saturday! So hopefully we can lock this down - I think this is a perfect situation for him! It is a little farther than I’d like - but hey - I will take it and am grateful for the farm to consider him so wish him luck on Saturday!
This is such great news! I hope all goes well in his interview. Sounds like a terrific experience. (y)

I was going to complain about the color scheme for being multicolored, then I realized you had crafted your colors as an homage to my hometown pro sports teams. Thank you, Brian, it's very thoughtful of you. 😁

This is such great news! I hope all goes well in his interview. Sounds like a terrific experience. (y)

I was going to complain about the color scheme for being multicolored, then I realized you had crafted your colors as an homage to my hometown pro sports teams. Thank you, Brian, it's very thoughtful of you. 😁

1659722280943.gif

1659722514763.png

SOTD: 08/06/2022

1659828292273.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 5th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Salty Dog Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Salty Dog Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Ginger’s Garden Salty Dog EdC

I wanted something simple, citrusy, and boozy - and this delivered! Very refreshing shave and still something I think you could pull of on a summer going out evening - it is very classy smelling - along the same ilk as a Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne!

Well today was very eventful! Aidan did his first day of work for his summer apprenticeship. Very thankful to the farm that gave him the opportunity! And there will be more weekends to come but today was a very good start. We picked potatoes as his first job and he knocked it out of the park!

1659828518567.jpeg

1659828577130.jpeg

1659828609731.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back