The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
The security area will continue to play a larger and larger role as everything gets cloud-ified.
Get certification in accounting as well (doesn't need to be a CPA), as it will factor in large when it comes to preparing business cases and (eventually) budgeting.
Very sage advice my friend

SOTD: 08/01/2022

1659403616523.jpeg

Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8” 1196 Evide Sonnant Compostelle
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Elysian Soap Sol Puck
Aftershave: Elysian Soap Sol Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Ralph Lauren Safari EdT

I am hard pressed to describe this soap & AS combo. From the scent notes (and the fact that that soap is called Sol) - I was expecting very bright - to the point I almost used D&G Light Blue Sun as my cologne - but it would not have meshed well with this. Safari is the closest thing I could come up with— it does complement the soap and AS well - but not an exact match. I would say this is a modern cologne from someone trying to make a tribute to “old school.” Here are the notes just in case:

Scent Profile:
  • Top Notes: Bergamot, White GrapeFruit, Ginger
  • Mid Notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Geranium
  • Base Notes: Amber, Cedar, Musk
No particular note stands out - but nothing about the above says mature to me. Don’t get me wrong - I really like this and its ilk - just not what I was expecting.

Nothing earth shattering today on the home front - work, walk, then Urban Air, late supper….Have a great evening everyone!

I definitely take you up on it!

Coursera offers a very cool Python course called “An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)” and a part 2. It’s good for someone learning Python that has little or no programming experience. I took this several years ago and really enjoyed it. The course is free, and each part is 4/5 weeks long. All of the projects are classic video games, like pong, blackjack, and Astroids.

If you love bright, citrus scents, you will love pink grapefruit essential oil. Grapefruit essential oils come in pink, white and standard. White grapefruit is a slightly less tart, softer version; standard grapefruit is citrusy and earthy; pink is bright and crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back