The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 07/29/2022

1659106780591.jpeg

Razor: Morris MFG Red Imp No. 133
Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 1st use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: K Shave Worx Penny Lane Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Patches Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Lacoste L’Homme Intense EdT

So I have to thank @Luecke3262 for bringing this razor to my attention - acquired from eBay - really easy to maneuver and my journey into vintage straights continues. For the noggin part of the shave - love my Prowe - its an single edge razor uses half DE blades. Love the handle on this one.

I miss K Shave Worx so much for their scents - they have a knack for it! This one is a barbershop with some strawberry in it. They also did one that was an homage to Dior Sauvage with Strawberry and that one really rocks! But @Fightingillini22 - I know that your wife would also think these are Bath & Body Works scents - so avoid at all costs 😂

1659107250301.gif

I finished off with Lacoste L’Homme Intense because (1) I don’t have a strawberry cologne and (2) this one has a rhubarb note and when I was a kid - we had a huge strawberry patch (about a 1/4 acre of them) but my mom would ruin pies because we also had rhubarb next to the patch so we would have strawberry rhubarb pie.

1659107145398.gif

Good times. But I’ve made my peace with rhubarb so this is my olive branch - because it smells really unique but still a safe bet. The Rhubarb actually gives it a cooling effect.

Have a great day my friends!

we would have strawberry rhubarb pie.
Have you had strawberry-rhubarb jam? Good stuff. I've included my favorite recipe with which to use it:

2 slices whole grain bread
butter
strawberry-rhubarb jam (or preserves)

Toast bread slices medium. Liberally apply butter, taking care to fully cover one surface of each slice. Apply jam to buttered side of each slice, again taking care to fully cover the buttered side. Serves 2.

😋

Have you had strawberry-rhubarb jam? Good stuff. I've included my favorite recipe with which to use it:

2 slices whole grain bread
butter
strawberry-rhubarb jam (or preserves)

Toast bread slices medium. Liberally apply butter, taking care to fully cover one surface of each slice. Apply jam to buttered side of each slice, again taking care to fully cover the buttered side. Serves 2.

😋
Now that I have made my peace with rhubarb - I shall check out your recipe!

So....on a day like today, when you're doing a double shave, I assume your eyebrows act like they're not visible.....so they don't get the razor treatment.

I actually have hair on the top of my head but shave the noggin because I love to shave - but I never thought of the eyebrows - maybe the Neo look would work for me - another thing to shave! 😂

1659121773550.png

SOTD: 07/30/2022

1659201391953.jpeg

Razor: Thiers Issard 6/8” Medaille d’Or Alger 1921
Brush: Razor Emporium Amber & Black Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Cuba Libre Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Cuba Libre Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: L’Artisan Parfumeur Batucada EdT

Barber Dave’s last video had me thinking I needed to break this soap out……I had Irene make this for me last year - I was on a quest to see if I could stump her on boozy / cocktail scented soaps. She did not disappoint - very talented - this is definitely one of my favs. I like the shave stick format - just very easy to apply and get that thick lather going right away.

The cologne is not Cuba Libre scented (though I do have one of those from Jacques Zolty)…….this is a uniquely boozy - but definitely lighter fair than a Cuba Libre or Rum & Coke….This scent is based on Brazil’s national drink and liquor - which the best way (though not completely) would remind someone of a tequila-like scent - though definitely has its own uniqueness.

I was quite frustrated yesterday…there is a bill in the Senate (already passed the house) that is geared towards providing care for our vets (so they don‘t have to choose between their house payment and cancer treatments, for example). These folks lived up to their end of the bargain and men and women came back broken, ill, and huge impacts to their families. The bill previously passed by quite a large margin (over 80 votes) but it had to go back because of a procedural error - nothing was added, just what amounts to a typo. The clerical error was corrected and when it was revoted on, 25 Senators changed their mind. What was being said about it was completely untrue and is easily verified by going to congress.gov and reading the bill yourself. This bill is not political, and the service men and women who it will help are in dire need. My representatives and Senators voted yes - but if you are so inclined - please consider raising this issue with yours.

Only things on the horizon today is haircut for Aidan, walk & pool, try to fold the laundry, and write a letter of recommendation for one of Aidan’s therapists who truly, truly rocks. She’s going back to school to learn sign language so she can better help her students - these are the people that we need lift up - because they make the world a better place.

She’s going back to school to learn sign language so she can better help her students - these are the people that we need lift up - because they make the world a better place.
I agree, this therapist sounds like a good person who deserves a boost. (y)

Ditto on the vets' bill. I make it a point to vote for those who support vets with deeds and action, not lip service.

SOTD: 07/31/2022

1659286018885.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel SE-50
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Boat Drinks EdT

Definitively one of my favorite hot weather / summer shave sets - really fun boozy scent that really does remind me of a Jimmy Buffett concert!

1659286281878.gif

Hopefully today will be a chill day - Aidan and I are planning on walking to the park and then are going to build our Kiwi Co headphones. Jack and I are going to map out his IT certification process so he can get started on his journey.

Have a fantastic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back