The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip of the hat and a nod to the “old school.” The soap and AS are an homage of sorts to the old Gillette in a can. Definitely get the shaving cream vibe ala Rive Gauche - but with a hint of bay - though it is definitely not a bay rum soap.
Interesting take Brian. For me this is a favorite Bay Rum soap/splash. Though I agree that it’s not pure Bay Rum. Try wearing just the splash and in an hour or so after application the Bay Rum character of this set really shines through (and lasts several hours for me).

Also, just to be annoying and pedantic, I think the scent is supposed to be a nod to this Gillette in a can (shaving stick that came with the Gillette Old Type traveling/combination sets):
6E2EA903-D284-4A46-B96E-B7E46A8F515E.jpeg

Not the Gillette Foamy
E93FD265-7745-4473-AA1F-A8678CCA18C9.jpeg

Interesting take Brian. For me this is a favorite Bay Rum soap/splash. Though I agree that it’s not pure Bay Rum. Try wearing just the splash and in an hour or so after application the Bay Rum character of this set really shines through (and lasts several hours for me).

Also, just to be annoying and pedantic, I think the scent is supposed to be a nod to this Gillette in a can (shaving stick that came with the Gillette Old Type traveling/combination sets):
View attachment 89698

Not the Gillette Foamy
View attachment 89697
That makes sense! I understood the soapiness of it - but you are so right - it isn’t anything like the push nozzle can. I was surprised at how long the splash lasted!

Today Aidan and I worked on circuits boards to make a game - basically try not to touch the loop on the wire - or a buzzer and light would go off (Similar to the premise of the old Operation game).

It worked well - but unfortunately didn’t last - one of the wire connectors broke - but he was able to build it and play a few rounds. Though he was definitely proving he is still a teenager - he built the thing - but did it from bed lol

1658783420471.jpeg

1658783374295.jpeg

1658783468258.jpeg

SOTD: 07/25/2022

View attachment 89689

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Tip of the hat and a nod to the “old school.” The soap and AS are an homage of sorts to the old Gillette in a can. Definitely get the shaving cream vibe ala Rive Gauche - but with a hint of bay - though it is definitely not a bay rum soap. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - definitively old school so I have that old man smell that @GearNoir admires so much 😂

Aidan and I have STEAM projects ahead - working on circuits today between work meetings.

Have a great day!
Hmmm. That soap's a new one to me... If it's "old school" I'll definitely have to check it out!

In other news - I have to compliment Amazon and UPS today……..I bought a TV stand which I have to say that there was no other way to say it - it was an insult to other TV stands. Now I know you get what you pay for - but I wouldn’t have trusted putting my iPad on that - let alone a TV 😂

But it was really easy in the return process - and UPS actually came to my door. I thought I had to print out the return label - which I don’t have a printer because - well - I print about 3 items a year. So I sent it to FEDEX Kinkos but lost track of time and didn’t get to pick it up.

Well the UPS guy shows up and I said oh no - I have to run to FedEx to get my label - - he looked at me weird and held up a return label. Well Bravo! Don’t I feel stupid lol.

SOTD: 07/27/2022

1658931896070.jpeg

Razor: Bartmann 5/8” Primo (Friday)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Puck
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever EdP

So hey, I’m not sure you guys are aware of what the kids are doing nowadays - there’s this new fad of straight razor shaving…..pretty cool. Well this razor came here really quickly - won it on a bid from eBay at a much cheaper price than I expected. Great customer service from this guy - turns out - he lives about an hour from me so the shipping was basically overnight.

Hydra is nothing but citrus baby - ‘nough said!

Now I know what you are thinking - Scuttle - you bought the small bottle of D&G Light Blue Forever - and look at it - it’s almost gone! Have no fear my friends - I have a back up bottle - and it’s the big one baby. This has the most realistic grapefruit note that I have experienced in a cologne - I know people are split on this one - and this year‘s flanker Italian Love is basically this but with some notes to soften the rindiness - so Light Blue Forever has been stopped in production.

Have a great day everyone!

Now I know what you are thinking - Scuttle - you bought the small bottle of D&G Light Blue Forever - and look at it - it’s almost gone! Have no fear my friends - I have a back up bottle - and it’s the big one baby.
No worries..

giphy.gif

So hey, I’m not sure you guys are aware of what the kids are doing nowadays - there’s this new fad of straight razor shaving…..pretty cool.
I never would have guessed, based on you posts 😜

Fantastic shave Brian! I love D&G LB too! Such an awesome, juicy grapefruit!

I very much enjoyed D&G LB Forever, Italian Love even more so, but my wife said "smells like Bath and Body Works, not something I want on my husband." So no bottles of those for me. I actually think D&G discontinued both of them?

I very much enjoyed D&G LB Forever, Italian Love even more so, but my wife said "smells like Bath and Body Works, not something I want on my husband." So no bottles of those for me. I actually think D&G discontinued both of them?
Yes, I think Italian Love, like some of the other minor flankers were limited runs or quickly discontinued. Not sure about Forever though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back