The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love me some Green River! I walk across the Orleans bridge every day I'm working downtown and catch that view, so the label had me double-take! Pretty neat.

I tend to believe all the best parents have a bit of "that parent" in them, because as you said, if we're not advocates for them, who is?!
Apex has some really fun scents out there - this one…..Barber Dave loves the Coca Cola homage, They have a rocket pop one…..Aidan has a blue raspberry slushie/slurpee one that he likes, and they just released a cherry slushie version. They have other “normal’ scents - but i like their fun ones.

I figure for Aidan they’ll put us to the top of the list just to shut me up 😂

SOTD: 07/22/2022

1658520009851.gif

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Backyard Sawdust Green Wave Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT

Endless Summer is one of my favorite movies and this was a fantastic shave. This scent is inspired by Byredo Sundazed. It really does capture the essence of what i feel summer is…..really enjoy.

Tried to capture the essence with a “Long Board” razor 😂 And While I know I could have waited for CK One Summer Daze at the end of the summer when the price would be about $20 - I paid around $40 and still worth it for the fun of it.

It is a scorcher today…..some grocery shopping is on the horizon and I have to set up my new WiFi router.

Have a great weekend!

Enjoy. I've had routers that were simple to set up, and a couple that weren't. Hope yours is the former. Endless Summer is that 1960s surfer movie? Been decades since I've seen it.
Yes sir - the 60’s movie - still a classic!

For the router - hopefully will be straight forward - the challenge is that I flash the operating system with a more secure open source one. Was fairly simple the last go around - but we’ll see.

SOTD: 07/22/2022

View attachment 89425

Razor: Dovo 5/8” INOX Olive Wood
Brush: Backyard Sawdust Green Wave Badger
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Endless Summer Aftershave
Additional Care: Calvin Klein CK One Summer Daze EdT

Endless Summer is one of my favorite movies and this was a fantastic shave. This scent is inspired by Byredo Sundazed. It really does capture the essence of what i feel summer is…..really enjoy.

Tried to capture the essence with a “Long Board” razor 😂 And While I know I could have waited for CK One Summer Daze at the end of the summer when the price would be about $20 - I paid around $40 and still worth it for the fun of it.

It is a scorcher today…..some grocery shopping is on the horizon and I have to set up my new WiFi router.

Have a great weekend!
I am glad you clarified that you were going for a long board theme, for a moment I thought you were going for a woody theme 😉

SOTD: 07/23/2022

1658611354249.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Shave MD Aftershave
Additional Care: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

Ethos has done it again - just a wonderful shave - really enjoyed. I forgot that I actually have a Ginger’s Garden and a Demeter Ginger Ale colognes - but oh well- Tommy Bahama is perfect for this time of year.

We’re off to the pool. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

I have given serious thought to picking up a Vector, but the cost just doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe when I am older and retired🤔
The price gave me pause, that's for sure, but I'm glad I bought it. Just the razor, not that ~$40 metal cylinder stand. Couldn't justify that expense, and I lay my razors down in the cabinet anyway.

SOTD: 07/24/2022

1658670668679.jpeg

Razor: Koraat 8/8” Basic II
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ice Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company The People’s Project Puck
Aftershave: Heritage Hill Shave Company The People’s Project Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

Quick deets on the software - the soap & AS are a collab between The Razor Company and Heritage Hill Shaving Company - known for all of its products giving homage to the birth time of our county - I haven’t found one that I didn’t like from them - and they have both original scents and dupes. What I like most about them is that they sell most of their soaps in both 2 oz and 4 oz tubs - and the smaller tubs still have the cool labels.

This particular pair is an homage to Creed Erolfa - which I really love- -since it is a Chypre - so being that citrus is part of what makes it a citrus - a hit for me. I have tried Creed Erolfa and if I buy another Creed - I would bet I’d get this one. But since I have already used my sample of it, the next best thing is another “upscale” frag - a citrus aromatic - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet. I really love this one - very much along the lines of Chanel Pour Monsieur EdT, Dior Eau Sauvage, and Rochas Moustache EdT. Plus it has a bow tie - so you know it’s classy.

1658671115387.gif

The razor really surprised me. It is a hefty beast - giving the Rocnel Sailor a run for its money - weighing close to Thor’s Hammer. It is a full wedge. However, it is very maneuverable and shockingly smooth. It was a bIzarre experience given that this is a straight - but there is very little blade feel if that makes sense - it was almost like shaving with a Rockwell 6S. Maybe that is a little of an exaggeration - but it was a really smooth shave. A video is forthcoming.

Well yesterday we did the river walk and ended at the pool - but only got an hour before we had to leave because of a summer storm. So we’re back off to the pool today - this time though - the one with the lazy river.

I am looking forward to the Zoom call. Everyone have a fantastic day!

Impressive shave on all fronts! Haven’t had the pleasure of shaving with a wedge…looks awesome though!

SOTD: 07/25/2022

1658768245707.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements King R. Emporium Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Tip of the hat and a nod to the “old school.” The soap and AS are an homage of sorts to the old Gillette in a can. Definitely get the shaving cream vibe ala Rive Gauche - but with a hint of bay - though it is definitely not a bay rum soap. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - definitively old school so I have that old man smell that @GearNoir admires so much 😂

Aidan and I have STEAM projects ahead - working on circuits today between work meetings.

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back