The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 07/19/2022

1658240193941.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clown Fruit Soap
Soap: Oleo Soapworks Melonade Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Melonade Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct EdT

If watermelon lemonade doesn’t say summer - I don’t know what does. Nice refreshing shave with a little cooling. The Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct has a very nice melon note tethered with a boozy note.

Not much to report. Aidan will meet his new music therapist today (his current one is going back to school - we bought her a harmonica as a going away gift - its Aidan’s favorite instrument).

Have a fantastic day!

SOTD: 07/20/2022

1658334158417.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Kamisori, Lime)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Grēn River Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Grēn River Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: L’Artisan Parfumeur Batucada EdT

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Grēn River Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Grēn River Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: L’Artisan Parfumeur Batucada EdT

My non-straight razors were feeling left out and I had to assure my Rocnel that she is still my fav. Did a double shave today - face and noggin…..this is an homage to a classic soda from the mid-West. I’ve actually had it - a very nice lemon-lime soda (not pop you heathens)……

Finished off with Batucada - which is a nice boozy frag that is an homage to the Brazilian national drink Caipirinha - kind of like a margarita - but IMO better. YMMV.

Nothing planned today but mowing the lawn today and touching up some of my straights… Have a wonderful day!

Nothing planned today but mowing the lawn today and touching up some of my straights
Did I miss something? Are you off this week? Or do you just have one of those things that moves your mouse to keep you online at work?

I have a great idea for your extra time by the way. We've seen your drawers and stuff full of soaps. I think you need to pull out all your shaving stuff and organize by colour. It would be fun to see it displayed all rainbow like. Plus, imagine how easy it would be picking your shaves!

Nice!

Did I miss the update on Aidan's interviews?
No sir - unfortunately things are moving slowly - even though they’ve accepted me as his Aide - so we’ve jumped over that hurdle - the state needs to do some type of inspection before moving forward - there are two farms that are interested ……in the meantime - we’re going to move forward with the weekly music festivals where Aidan is allowed to hand out flyers. I have to do a deal with my ex so I can get him a few extra days because the weekly concerts are not on my days.

At least the wheels are still moving!
that is true. I can’t complain - I do get updates regularly and I call every week. Luckily he does have a good case worker and I told her “I don’t want to be that parent but if I don’t advocate for him - no one will.” The issue is that with COVID they lost a lot of people and even the private enterprises that provide support that can contract some of the effort out are experiencing the same issue - they all lost a lot of staff and are having issue ramping up. Then tether that in that we are also competing with the typical summer labor force (high school and college kids) that are clambering for jobs as well. I have faith that it will all work out…….and luckily we have the fall back plan.

Did I miss something? Are you off this week? Or do you just have one of those things that moves your mouse to keep you online at work?

I have a great idea for your extra time by the way. We've seen your drawers and stuff full of soaps. I think you need to pull out all your shaving stuff and organize by colour. It would be fun to see it displayed all rainbow like. Plus, imagine how easy it would be picking your shaves!
1658338548562.gif

Love me some Green River! I walk across the Orleans bridge every day I'm working downtown and catch that view, so the label had me double-take! Pretty neat.

I tend to believe all the best parents have a bit of "that parent" in them, because as you said, if we're not advocates for them, who is?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back