The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a nice sweet smell but it….

View attachment 88656
You owe me a new keyboard... 😠

giphy.gif

Last Night’s Shave:

SOTD: 07/14/2022

1657904398909.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Spearhead Shaving Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Spiced Lime Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Spiced Lime EdT

Today’s Shave:

SOTD: 07/15/2022

1657904439228.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge 2.0
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Waves Puck
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Surf Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Sport De Paco Rabanne

Nice green, fresh shave - enjoyed very much. The Supply SE is a very mild razor and so today’s noggin shave was smooth as silk. I dig the vintage AS and cologne - and I added a splash of synthetic menthol to keep things cool.

Today is my mother’s 80th birthday - though she swears it’s her 36th - maybe dementia has set in 😂. She did break a vertebrae in her back this week watering the plants - she’s doing good - but does require pain killers. But she is in good spirits that it must be a first for a doctor to hear the reason of how…….but they are going to do a fusion/glue procedure on her. She said all she wanted for her birthday was a call from her grandkids- so I know she is good to go.

I think we’ll hit one of the pools today later this evening - other than that - no real plans.

Have a great weekend!

Today is my mother’s 80th birthday - though she swears it’s her 36th - maybe dementia has set in 😂. She did break a vertebrae in her back this week watering the plants - she’s doing good - but does require pain killers. But she is in good spirits that it must be a first for a doctor to hear the reason of how…….but they are going to do a fusion/glue procedure on her. She said all she wanted for her birthday was a call from her grandkids- so I know she is good to go.
Congratulations on your mother's 80th. Sorry to hear about her back, but the procedure you described is simple, and quite often effective.

SOTD: 07/16/2022

1657974006148.jpeg

Razor: Fritz Bracht Tennis No. 110
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Additional Care: Ginger’s Garden Long Island Iced Tea EdC

Took one of my new razors our for a spin today! The soap, AS, cologne are a bespoke that Irene made for me - out of a series of three. This one, a Dark & Stormy, and that inspired her to do one called Salty Dog - all homages to the cocktails. I have to say - she really has a talent for fragrances - all three illicit exactly what I wanted - reminds you of the cocktail without you protruding to everyone you’re a wino. I would actually buy any of the three at a department store, their that good IMO.

Going to be a warm weekend. Some more sun tea in the future I predict!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Great looking set today! Stay cool out there!

Has a favorite emerged from the influx of new SRs?

SOTD: 07/17/2022

1658151653300.jpeg

Razor: Gevoso No 131
Brush: Rajon Cajon Tye Dye Acrylic
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Prada Luna Rossa Carbon EdT

And @NurseDave said the grapefruit scent does not pair well with peatiness. Obviously, he has not met our friend Stirling. Now yes, I can see you asking - why would anyone want to ruin their wonderful pamplemousse with sweaty sweat socks and ashtrays……but Stirling found a way to pull it off - I guess they are using higher quality sweatsocks than you can find in Scotland. The EdT is similar to Dior Sauvage, which unlike its older brother, to me is just ok. I totally get the appeal, but it’s one of those colognes that I will wear once in a while - but not all the time - it might be the heavy concentration ambroxin. To me, the Prada basically tames the scent using a good deal of lavender. I like it more…..still not one of my favs, but I like it enough and Sauvage to keep it in my collection.

Right now I am experiencing an issue at work that this is one of those few times I miss being completely in charge of the network. Have an issue and I can’t bump myself to the head of the line……

C’est la vie.

Well, @BarberDave got me good for his Sunday shave video……..now, most folks would say that its time to lay down the sword (razor) - can’t we all get along? Flat honing, convex honing, dripping water on your brush, spray bottles, nuclear powered spray bottles (Obscenely priced I might add)……

1658152492082.gif

But I’m of the other ilk…..

1658152382920.gif

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back