The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 07/09/2022

1657402109852.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Citrico Excentrico Puck
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT

Kinda a muted citrus/green fresh shave today - nice noggin shave.

It’s been raining all day - so Aidan got a haircut and we’ll go to Urban Air tonight for a break from the house. Tomorrow we already have planned out - morning indoor go kart racing at the Autobahn Speedway.

Hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend!

SOTD: 07/09/2022

View attachment 88234

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Citrico Excentrico Puck
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT

Kinda a muted citrus/green fresh shave today - nice noggin shave.

It’s been raining all day - so Aidan got a haircut and we’ll go to Urban Air tonight for a break from the house. Tomorrow we already have planned out - morning indoor go kart racing at the Autobahn Speedway.

Hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend!
What’s Urban Air? Whatever it is I hope you guys have a blast.

What’s Urban Air? Whatever it is I hope you guys have a blast.
Thank you my friend - basically it’s an indoor fun park - a ton of trampolines, dodge ball (on trampolines) , laser tag, bumper cars, a swimming pool sized ball pit, and this climbing apparatus that you hang from a harness then you ride around the ceiling like a individual roller coaster - tons o’ fun!

Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT looks in my wheelhouse.
It is a fantastic cologne IMO. In the same ilk as Chanel Pour Monsieur, Dior Eau Sauvage, Jockey Club, Eight & Bob……definitely stands on its own - but if you like any of those - I think you’ll like it. And…….unlike the others - you won’t have to trade in your first born for a bottle.

SOTD: 07/10/2022

1657474391132.jpeg

Razor: Thiers Issard 6/8” Medaille d’Or Alger 1921
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Lather Bros Est 1792 Puck
Aftershave: 4711 Original EdC Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: 4711 Original EdC

Nice shave after a really fun morning - I love 4711 - classic neroli - just nice and light for a hot summer day.

Since we did the track early - we may do some water balloons this afternoon - because - why not? Aidan and I have been busy - did a late night at Urban Air - finishing off with his favorite -laser tag and this morning hit the race track. Maybe next time I can convince him to do Axe throwing - which I’m guessing the Autobahn is a German theme so that is why they combine both.

Aidan and I have been busy - did a late night at Urban Air - finishing off with his favorite -laser tag and this morning hit the race track.

Jack and I are planning out our baseball game tour - I think Pittsburgh’s PNC Bank Stadium is a lock - too bad we missed his Yankees who won by over 15 runs on their visit this year. He is yammering though for some Juliana’s Pizza - so that requires a trip to Brooklyn and of course the Bronx to see the Bombers!

1657474596714.jpeg1657474656043.jpeg

1657474712631.jpeg

Possibly a video will be posted later today.

Have a great day everyone!

I remember using 4711 for the first time five years back and thinking, “I know that smell from somewhere”. Then it dawned on me. Lufthansa stewardesses hand out refresher wipes on their flights with that fragrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back