The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I noticed that on mine, will check tonight.........I before E except after C. Come on @CBLindsay
Yes, yes the label is spelled wrong...AND I knew that. I should probably have a cool story as to why but the actual story is fairly simple, I had several working versions of the label on my screen and when it came to saving and exporting the final version I exported the one with a spelling error and didn't notice it until I had printed a run of labels. You will notice the version showing on the website is correct (And maybe has a minor difference in image placement) THAT one was supposed to be exported for printing but was not. Out the current run of Inconceivable most will have the misspelled label but 6 will have the correct spelling.
Also worth noting the "smoulder" scent could also be spelled "smolder" but I opted for "smoulder" because it is an active version of the word "smolder" and is commonly used to describe BOTH a smoking fire and a look.

Yes, yes the label is spelled wrong...AND I knew that. I should probably have a cool story as to why but the actual story is fairly simple, I had several working versions of the label on my screen and when it came to saving and exporting the final version I exported the one with a spelling error and didn't notice it until I had printed a run of labels. You will notice the version showing on the website is correct (And maybe has a minor difference in image placement) THAT one was supposed to be exported for printing but was not. Out the current run of Inconceivable most will have the misspelled label but 6 will have the correct spelling.
Also worth noting the "smoulder" scent could also be spelled "smolder" but I opted for "smoulder" because it is an active version of the word "smolder" and is commonly used to describe BOTH a smoking fire and a look.
So what you are telling us is that I have a collector’s item………100 years from now my soap will be worth a gazillion dollars

We're only giving you a hard time because....well, its us. But no worries. We'll all be looking much more carefully at the next soap release......in case you misspell Mawage.

We're only giving you a hard time because....well, its us. But no worries. We'll all be looking much more carefully at the next soap release......in case you misspell Mawage.
Shoot, as you were typing this I was making a post announcing the pending release of "true love". Now I need to seriously consider changing the name to "Mawage"

Shoot, as you were typing this I was making a post announcing the pending release of "true love". Now I need to seriously consider changing the name to "Mawage"
I almost typed Tru Wuv....which would also be a great soap name.

Got it. Then immediately put it in the beer fridge. Still retained their shape. The wife said it smells great. She'll use them over the weekend and give you a review. Thanks!!

SOTD: 07/08/2022

1657286004443.jpeg

Razor: Ertan Süer Drakkar
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Løthur Dave Puck
Aftershave: Darwin Shaving Classic Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

Shave dedicated to @NurseDave who was so gracious in demonstrating to me that you can never have enough soap! The soap has some fruity top notes, much like our beloved Nurse - who I have heard rumblings of being called a fruitcake - after all - one just has to look at his adult beverage preferences……... The soap also has a very nice tea note - so I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.

It should be noted that there are a lot of awesome Dave’s out there - our Nurse - @BarberDave, there’s the movie Dave, David Letterman, Dave Grohl……etc. I think the coolest Dave’s are those that use the name as their middle name - one might say people that like Scuttles would be the coolest in that event. Just sayin’.

I hope everyone has a most wonderful Friday and start to their weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back